SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#242443 - 09/12/08 08:53 AM Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Just saw this on korgpa.com

OSIMO, Italy — Operating System Version 2.0 for the Pa2X/Pa800, Korg's most powerful arranger keyboards, will be released in November 2008. As usual, the new OS will be freely downloadable from Korg Italy's web site (www.korgpa.com), and can be easily installed by the user.

The new operating system includes important new features and enhancements, such as a Score Viewer, the extraordinary DNC (Defined Nuance Control), a powerful Search function – and much more.

• The Score Viewer displays the lead track (or any other track) as clear and plain traditional musical notations with notes or chords, together with lyrics and chord abbreviations. Chord names can also be seen in different languages (English and Italian). For music learners, we also added a function to show note names next to each note.
The Score Viewer automatically adapts the score display to the track’s key and clef, with automatic beaming, spacing and bar placement. Triplets and accidents are automatically recognized. A sophisticated interpretation algorithm cleans up the score display, to allow for easy reading even with rubato (non-quantized) playing.

• DNC Defined Nuance Control is a great advancement in sound generation and performance control. By assigning special articulations, noises and nuances to a physical control or playing style, you can increase the realism of your sounds.
By playing legato you can call up a different Sound, use after touch or the joystick to call in breath noise or harmonics. Or let the Pa automatically cycle between slightly different samples to add timbral variety to your playing.

• The Search function is a great help for everyone keeping a huge collection of songs or samples in their hard drives. The flexible Search function can scan your disks or a single directory for files whose name includes the entered text string.

Also new are the extremely efficient polyphony manager, the renewed chord abbreviation display system, the programmable Quarter Tone Scale Presets, the MP3 player assignable to the sub-outs, the pedal calibration procedure, and a ninth drawbar added to the Pa800.

The new Polyphony Algorithm improves the overall performance with a sophisticated real time control, which also takes psychoacoustic parameters into account. Chord abbreviations are now easier to read, by following the standard suggested by “Standardized Chord Symbol Notation (A Uniform System for the Music Profession)” by C. Roemer and C. Brandt. Up to four Quarter Tone Scale Presets can be memorized, and easily recalled with on-screen soft buttons. MP3 audio output can be sent to the sub-outputs for separate mixing. Both the damper and the assignable pedal can be carefully calibrated for better response. And, finally, a Ninth Drawbar has been added to the Pa800 in the Drawbar page.

When you consider all the new features now available, it is almost like getting a whole new keyboard – but in the form of a free update!

OS 2.0 follows on from the powerful options and new OS features released since the introduction of the Pa2X/Pa800. Over the years the Pa-Series has become the keyboard of choice for countless professional musicians worldwide who demand the very best. Korg promised an ongoing series of powerful and exciting new features for the Pa2X/Pa800, and with 2.0 we continue to deliver on our promise.

OS 2.0 continues our commitment to deliver RX Technology that brings the most realistic musical experience for performers and the audience. DNC – Defined Nuance Control – takes RX Technology to a whole new level of the real world usefulness: that professional musicians demand. This is why the Korg Pa-Series instruments are the world’s leading Arranger Keyboards!

The Korg Italy Team

Kind regards,
Tommy

#242444 - 09/12/08 08:59 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOW..., Go Korg!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242445 - 09/12/08 09:02 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
No style fix?

#242446 - 09/12/08 09:14 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
No style fix?

Korg makes a lot of minor improvements to both sounds and styles with nearly every new OS release. These improvements are normally not documented. As a result my Pa800 sounds much better today than when I bought it nearly two years ago and I expect this to continue with OS 2.

I am very satisfied with the Pa800 styles and don't see a need for a general "fix"

Kind regards,
Tommy

[This message has been edited by TommyF (edited 09-12-2008).]

#242447 - 09/12/08 09:17 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
DNC Defined Nuance Control?

Can you say SA voices

#242448 - 09/12/08 09:19 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I thought they would have done something with the fills/fill-ins...some people were complaining about them...guess it's not an issue anymore?

#242449 - 09/12/08 09:29 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of my primary issues with the PA800 was the lack of available styles, particularly Country/Western. Even in the other genres, there just seemed to be a lack of variety in the style selections. Some of them were very good though.
DonM

#242450 - 09/12/08 09:29 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
ocomain Offline

Korg has also just announced a MAJOR, MAJOR expansion for their M3 workstation:
http://www.korg.com/m3/

WOW!!! I have to say that I am really impressed by Korg's efforts to improve and enhance their existing product line. I may have to re-think my future consideration for a synth workstation. Way to go, Korg!!!

Michael

#242451 - 09/12/08 09:30 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow...psychoacoustic parameters!!! Now my Pa2 will be trying to get into my head.

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#242452 - 09/12/08 09:42 AM Re: Pa2X/Pa800 OS2 Announced
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Michael,

That's awesome! Now I regret selling my M3 due to lack of and variety of patches; Doh!!!

Al

Quote:
Originally posted by ocomain:
Korg has also just announced a MAJOR, MAJOR expansion for their M3 workstation:
http://www.korg.com/m3/

WOW!!! I have to say that I am really impressed by Korg's efforts to improve and enhance their existing product line. I may have to re-think my future consideration for a synth workstation. Way to go, Korg!!!

Michael

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online