SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#242268 - 09/11/08 06:47 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
It must be a matter of taste, but in my view the drums sound excellent, realistic AND powerfull, just like the other instruments in T3.
What (in detail) is wrong with the T-drums for those who dislike it?

I was told Martin Harris is responsible for the total TyrosX product (as Chief engineer) On top of that he is a very good player/demoist.

#242269 - 09/11/08 06:54 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Dnj Offline

Exactly Roel....its ALL personal taste....who is to say whats right or wrong? on top of that the Player can EDIT all sounds to their liking including the Drums......& after demoing the unit a potential buyer can choose to BUY ANOTHER BRAND. All this hate makes no sense & honestly its getting boring.

#242270 - 09/11/08 07:54 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
To answer your question I say it's an issue of DYNAMICS. Yamaha could bring their drums MORE to life if they backed off on the compression. That's IMO a huge part of the problem. When the drums are over compressed.., you lose the dynamics..., and then you add "hard quantize" to it and again you lose more dynamics. It also has a lot to do with drum kits that have many levels of velocity switching... Roland for example has a lot of velocity switching in their kits... We've often heard Korg and Roland's style sound more LIVE..., well that's because they're not quantized at 100%..., the style utilizes the multiple layers within the drum kits..., you have moer specific ACCENT notes.., ect.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242271 - 09/11/08 08:11 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Dnj Offline

Squeak ......you said it right there "IMO"

The Drums are great to thousands of players..yamaha is not going to change anything....either people like their sound or buy something else.....its simple.
There is NO right or wrong.

#242272 - 09/11/08 08:21 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
The Drums are great to thousands of players..yamaha is not going to change anything....either people like their sound or buy something else.....its simple.
There is NO right or wrong.

Correctomundo, Donny...there is no right or wrong.

When we purchase an arranger, we are purchasing a "personality"...we can adjust (tweak) it a bit, but just like people, the core nature remains the same.

Ian

#242273 - 09/11/08 09:02 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Correctomundo, Donny...there is no right or wrong.

When we purchase an arranger, we are purchasing a "personality"...we can adjust (tweak) it a bit, but just like people, the core nature remains the same.

Ian

Well if that is the case, Tyros 3 appears to have an audience that has no knowledge of real-word sounding instruments. Funny how you guys critize pianosounds, guitarsounds and all, but when it comes to drums, it's about "the personality" of the keyboard.

Don't make me laugh. Tyros 3 drums are even more a joke than the ones in Tyros 2.

#242274 - 09/11/08 09:08 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
Don't make me laugh. Tyros 3 drums are even more a joke than the ones in Tyros 2.

It's hard to make a comedian laugh...they've heard all the jokes before...but, you are entertaining nevertheless.

I thought you said you were a drummer?

Guess you've found your real calling.

Ian the Amused

#242275 - 09/11/08 09:09 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Dnj Offline

Burkels....
what is the problem ...just go buy a different keyboard? One man's Joke is another man's Treasure

#242276 - 09/11/08 09:18 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Burkels....
what is the problem ...just go buy a different keyboard? One man's Joke is another man's Treasure

Exactly, Donny...simply choose what sounds/plays/works best for your own needs.

That's why it's so cool that each manufacturer has it's own characteristic "sound"...we all hear differently...we all know what pleases our ear.

Some of us are even lucky enough to know what we want...and, some will never be pleased...ah, but that's what makes this site both informative, and entertaining.

Ian

#242277 - 09/11/08 09:20 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I agree with DNJ, just buy something else if you don't like it. I did.
No more Yammies until they improve the vocal harmony and drums. I can play recordings of myself on PSR8000, 2000, Tyros 2 and the drums are essentially the same. I think the VH on the 8000 sounds BETTER.
Now, there are PLENTY of improvements in almost every other area, certainly enough to make T3 a killer keyboard. And, the audience don't care, it's all about what I want to hear.
DonM

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online