SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#242258 - 09/10/08 12:28 PM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
nice instrument, but nicer demonstrator! very good playing!

#242259 - 09/10/08 01:16 PM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Actually, Martin has been doing clinics and demos for the Workstation instruments; i.e. Motif, etc.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#242260 - 09/10/08 01:36 PM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Impuls:
Martin is one of the best Yamaha players,works for ages for Yamaha UK.

Strange you didnt know ?

Impuls

Well, strange or not, I've only seen Peter Baartman and Michel Voncken do the demos.

A quick search on Youtube for "martin harris and yamaha" produced one video...

I only use the Tyros line...seems like perhaps he's done more with other products...

Seems like a fine player, but didn't impress me like the other guys have. I'm still curious why he's doing the demos and not Baartman or Voncken...

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 09-10-2008).]

#242261 - 09/10/08 04:09 PM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Dnj Offline

#242262 - 09/10/08 06:35 PM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
I am having a hard time even getting the demos to play. I suppose they must be getting a huge load on their server.

Anyhow, what I did hear proved to be as I suspected and has already been mentioned. The drums are definitely TYROS and way out of date now. Perhaps they should consider contracting with BFD to provide drum samples and a complete gui so that the user can define the drum sounds. The other instruments I heard are up to the usual exceptional Tyros standards. Enough said.

Danny

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 09-10-2008).]

#242263 - 09/11/08 02:14 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
deb Offline

Loc: netherlands
The demo is good.

#242264 - 09/11/08 05:13 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Actually there's no need for them to contract out for better drums. Yamaha already makes better kits.... They're on the Motif XS series. Again..., it's yet another repeat of Yamaha's refusal to go the other way with their sounds. The many very impressive signature voices that make the Yamaha arranger line so popular were good enough to add to the Motif line (but Yamaha changed some of the names so the synths wouldn't have the PSR association--gotta protect their sales I guess), but again.., Yamaha will not go the other way. Given the Tyros is their top (very expensive arranger-costing more than their top 88 key workstation), the least Yamaha could do is give the Tyros some of the kits from the XS line... I'll tell ya what.., those styles would freaking jump out of the keyboard if they were being driven by Motif XS drum kits.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242265 - 09/11/08 05:37 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Squeak,
Place a side by side comparison ,i think there is not as much difference.

Impuls

#242266 - 09/11/08 05:45 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Too Bad...darn it...that the Motif XS does not have a Yamaha XG sound set mapping...then you could get a Motif Rack and use it nicelyu with the T1,T2, T3.

Lee

#242267 - 09/11/08 05:48 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Maybe the Tyros3 might be getting closer, but it's still not there. I will say that while at Guitar Center last year.., I talked the guys into hooking the Tyros2 and Motif XS up to do a side by side comparison... (I was blown away as this GC had the Tyros2 not even in the pro keyboard section, but sitting in the low end arranger department! The drums on the XS clearly overpowered the Tyros2.., BUT for the people that were there and many who had heard about the SA voices..., not ONE person there thought the SA voices on the XS sounded as good as they did on the Tyros2. You'll even find Motif XS owners saying the same thing

Anyways..., they may be getting closer to Motif quality drums, but from what I heard in the demos they're not there yet. It's not rocket science for Yamaha either. It's not like they gotta suddenly come up with entirely new samples. They already got them.., they've alreayd taken sounds from the arrangers and added to the synths.., now they just need to go the other way.

I bet if Tyros owners start sreaming GIVE US BETTER DRUMS DAMNIT..., Yamaha just might listen.

**On a side note..., I did dig into the guys there and asked why in the hell would they take a top end arranger like the Tyros and not have it in the pro section because the Tyros clearly isn't some low end budget arranger.... They didn't go into too much detail, but hinted that command from the mothership didn't allow them to put it in the pro keyboard section.... I actually had a great time while there and made several visits to their store while vacationing. The keyboard sales guy new jack..., VERY LITTLE ABOUT KEYBOARDS. The only thing he was really good at was the bass guitar and using an MPC. I spent some time with him teaching him how to navigate the Motif XS..., and helped him better understand the arranger keyboard. The funny thing was that the guy was an arranger keyboard snubber.., but after I was done showing him how to run the Tyros and what it could do...., he kept saying "Man I gotta get me one of these". Ahhhhhh another one converted

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-11-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online