#242249 - 09/10/08 05:52 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Thnx. T3 is impressive.

#242250 - 09/10/08 05:53 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
zuki Offline

Pity,

Such a fabulous board, unbelievable sounds and arrangements - but those drums

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#242251 - 09/10/08 06:16 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I agree with you on the drums Zuki... Again, way over compressed. Seem to lack dynamics too.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242252 - 09/10/08 06:28 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Nice to see the Tyros3 "open for business."

I have received a great many e-mails from Yamaha enthusiasts with nothing but praise for this incredible instrument.

Those who heard it "live" were very impressed.

The demos blew me away, but I shall reserve my final judgement when I get to play one.

The "Yamaha sound" moves onward and upward,..for those who don't like it...there's always Korg or Roland.

Ian

#242253 - 09/10/08 08:09 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I liked what I saw and heard, but nevertheless a bit anti-climatic and no way as exciting as the release of T2.

#242254 - 09/10/08 08:55 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
In my opinion those Drums spoil an otherwise impressive sounding presentation.

I hope Yamaha is taking notice with people's continual lack of enthusiasm for the Tyros's drum sounds on this their third incarnation Tyros3. Hopefully they will get it right on the Tyros4. And include at least 15 extra keys to go along with it.

Loved the Clarinet, liked the AC Piano sound better in this demonstration than the other demos I've heard. Liked the Sweet! Flute and Saxes really well. But those DRUMS!!

It simply spoils the greatness of the Tyros3 in my humble opinion. If the Drums were up to the same caliber as the Motif ES/XS it would put the Tyros3 in a different league but as it stands now the Drums in many cases are simply a "distraction" i.e. distracting from the overall goodness and in some cases 'greatness' of the other Tyros3 sounds.

>> I did notice in the video that there were a few instances that the drums didn't sound "too" bad and a couple spots they actually sounded half way decent. But in the majority of footage they sounded unacceptable to me and my discerning audiophile ears. And many others seem to agree with me. Except maybe Ian of course. lol

Sorry Ian. I'm not trying to dis you or anything. I know you have a partiality to Yamaha, as I do too really. As a good employee it bequeaths you to stick up for your Boss, which is commendable by the way. As a side note - a little more objectivity given a little more often wouldn't hurt your relationship with Yamaha I wouldn't think though - and in the process, look at all the new company you would find yourself in eh? You know, the mainstream of modern thought that weighs the facts in an accurate way, on an accurate scale - that supports the facts instead of predisposed and unrealistic views?

Of course, not all the time, nor on every subject. Some things are worth fighting for.

But when it comes to Yamaha I fail to ascertain why you seem so fanatical in your stance toward this keyboard company? Are you receiving more on that paycheck then we realize? Just kidding. I enjoy your input here on SZ myself Ian. But when it comes to anything Yamaha I have to realize I need to tread lightly with you and take it with a grain or two of salt and then digest it very slowly; all the while trying not to hold resentment against you in any way, shape, or form. Which can be a real trial in itself to do sometimes. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] lol.. I do try and give it my best shot though. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/cool.gif[/img]

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-10-2008).]

#242255 - 09/10/08 09:06 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
But when it comes to anything Yamaha I have to realize I need to tread lightly with you and take it with a grain or two of salt and then digest it very slowly; all the while trying not to hold resentment against you in any way, shape, or form. Which can be a real trial in itself to do sometimes. lol.. I do try and give it my best shot though.

Best,
Mike

Stay close to that salt shaker, Mike, but remember that too much salt can be bad for you...high blood pressure a problem?

It can affect your thinking, you know...delusions and hallucinations are not uncommon.

I don't think you're dissing me, Mike, you don't have the goods to be able to do that...and don't worry about resentment...it will bother you more than me.

I'm glad you're a Yamaha fan...it's one of the things I like about you...the only one, perhaps, but still, better than nothing I guess.

Have a nice day.

Ian

#242256 - 09/10/08 09:59 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Who is Martin Harris?

Why aren't the regular guys demo-ing it?

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#242257 - 09/10/08 10:24 AM Re: Tyros 3 Open for Business
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Who is Martin Harris?

Why aren't the regular guys demo-ing it?

Martin is one of the best Yamaha players,works for ages for Yamaha UK.

Strange you didnt know ?

Impuls

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online