Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#242210 - 09/11/08 11:39 AM Re: First sound samples of T#
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
Ian

I admire your enthusiasm but you have a professional relationship with Yamaha and as such you should be an ambassador for them. Your actions could reflect better and show a lack of professionalism. Never lose the enthusiasm just adopt a little discretion.

Thanks Mainer...I appreciate your advice.

Ian

#242211 - 09/11/08 11:45 AM Re: First sound samples of T#
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
From what Dom has said, apparently, at least HUNDREDS of MS's have been SOLD, maybe thousands. That's a LOT of keyboards out there, for next to nothing decent to be heard from, IMO. You would think that he wouldn't really NEED to give one away just to get a decent demo.

Sure, I'd LOVE to have a loaner MS, but somehow I just don't see Dom turning up at my door in his Corvette with a freebie!

#242212 - 09/11/08 12:01 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I've already thrown that idea to Dom. Hell he can toss an MS my way (even on a loaner) and I'd be glad to post some demos..., and I'm sure others here are willing to do the same.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242213 - 09/11/08 12:05 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
Diki Offline

It's just weird why the OWNERS themselves are unwilling...

What do they know that we don't (other than apparently, you shouldn't ever record it, because that doesn't do justice to the experience of actually sitting in front of it!)?

#242214 - 09/11/08 12:09 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki..., that's a great question. I'm with you 100%. Several people here have them, but no one is showing what it can do. Donny's always saying show your talent and talk is just talk. He's right..., and in the case of the MS's reputation here.., TALK ain't doing sh@# for this keyboard..., people here need to HEAR it.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242215 - 09/11/08 12:14 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Ian

Thank you, it’s not brilliance on my part, I've been there. LOL

Diki

Whatever Liontracks is doing isn't working. They honestly need some good feedback from people who understand this market. A 90 day loan to the right people on this forum could make a hell of a difference.

I sell a Computer management system for the Auto-Body industry. The product is from Australia and it's brilliant. Let me tell you why. The first thing the founder did was ask what people wanted, checked out what was available, and then thought outside the box. This was over 20 years ago and we've been around for all that time. He also hired terrific programmers.
To this day he is still in contact with his customers implementing changes suggested by them. Of course he had to reject many suggestions but knew the right ones to pick. Last but not least the founder is one of the most creative and brilliant people I've ever known. This was a customer driven product. The bottom line was the founder would call his customers and ask what improvements they would like to see.
It would be harder for Musical instrument companies to model that approach because of the large numbers. This forum would be a terrific place for such things and is perfect place to get positive exposure for smaller companies. Liontraks is going to have to put up or shut up. I think there is a lot of potential but if it is unrealized then is wasted.

Jerry

#242216 - 09/11/08 01:11 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
In this moment i'm not able to give MS..all sold out, including some prototype that then I have to replace the new mixer board V4 too.

What I can do:
When i get the new MS hardware production boards, I can reserve ONE MS X-76 Expanded 64 bit with MS OS 3.0 Kubuntu for FREE.
( I have a small idea to who give this one..we will see when i have the MS hardware ready.. )

then I can also make small promo...to offer 10/15 MS x-76 expanded 64bit, at only 1500 USD ( mean less than 1000 euro now).
Who then will place one order by email, I can reserve, all the remain 180 MS are already reserved and we have to shipping to Turkey and others oriental country.

More I can not do right now.

#242217 - 09/11/08 02:26 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
LIONTRACKS

I think all you need to do is lend a machine for 90 days & see how it goes.

The reason I mentioned Diki is he can be very critical, but I have found him to be truthful, talented, and on point.

Give the Keyboard to one of your buddies you will not get great feedback.

Choose someone tough & talented and you will make great strides.

I beleive in the potential of your keyboard greatly. In the case of a car fit & finish are paramount. Keyboards fit & finish of it's sonic capabilies count. It all has to work together. Critical advice will get you further.

Good Luck

Jerry

#242218 - 09/11/08 03:33 PM Re: First sound samples of T#
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Squeak.....creating drums aside...they should make it easier to just cut/copy/paste all parts including Into/Ending/Multipads/ etc, by just DRAGING the parts in place ....so that you can easily MIX & MATCH any parts together & save them into a style to play instantly, this alone would be a very POWERFUL feature in arranger KB style creation.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-11-2008).]

Drag and drop would require a PC editing program from the arranger makers, however I do know that on the Korg you can use ANY part of ANY style and insert it into a new style, or even one you are editing.

You want to use the 8 bar pattern from variation 4 on a swing style, and put it into a rhumba style you can do it (erghhh!!!) but you can, the ability is already available on the Korg style creator/editor.

You can create a style using 10 different source styles if you wanted to.

I DO think however that the makers could streamline this function, and the ONLY way to do that is to provide PC/Mac software editors.

Dennis

#242219 - 09/12/08 01:28 AM Re: First sound samples of T#
Diki Offline

I think the point I have been trying to make for a long time now, is that I understand how, with infinite talent, and infinite time, you can make the most groundbreaking stuff ever heard on any arranger, EVER!

But then, OOTB, there just doesn't seem to be the 'I gotta play this!' factor that the Big 3 give you from their demos...

Whether this is important to the company or not, and whether they'll bother to update the demo library is up to them... But Yamaha don't sell the numbers they do by making demos that are a pale shadow of what the instrument is capable of. They show it to it's BEST, and let us make the extrapolation from there, rather than either show it as it's worst, or prove inadequate to show it at it's best (in which case, they need to hire the best demo-ers available. Do Yamaha hire the level of demo-er that Dom does? Hell no, they don't!)

If you can't make yourself available for every interested party to drive a few miles and actually PLAY one of your instruments (not a few thousand!), you'd better stand by your demos as the BEST your instrument can do, because who in their right mind would pick an arranger by how BAD it sounded in it's own factory demos?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online