SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#242073 - 09/16/08 05:28 AM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Diki
At the presentation of Tyros 3 we were told that it was 15 – 18 times faster loading samples then Tyros 2, this information being supplied by Yamaha Japan.
The truth however will not be known until Tyros 3 is shipped in October, but at least the hard disk is standard.

Bill

#242074 - 09/16/08 06:39 AM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sorry, Bill, but the speed of the interface has nothing to do with how fast you can get data into the RAM...

Most current arranger samplers (and several WS's) can't even load it up at USB 1 theoretical speeds. There's a data pipeline that chokes it off LONG before it reaches the interface speed.

Only the computer based arrangers have anything close to the interface speed load-up.

Diki...What is the loading time for the Roland G70?

#242075 - 09/16/08 06:42 AM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Diki
At the presentation of Tyros 3 we were told that it was 15 – 18 times faster loading samples then Tyros 2, this information being supplied by Yamaha Japan.

Diki is right, IMHO. Yamaha is only referring to the increased USB speed (1.1 vs. 2.0 USB protocols). My E-80 loads styles at lightning speed. But after that, it still needs to process them. I guess that's the same with loading samples: the TRANSFER may be quicker than in Tyros 2, but what comes after that is what really counts: how long before you can USE the samples?

Besides, the fact that information comes from "Yamaha Japan" is in no way a guarantee that it is accurate information. I've heard enough b/s from representatives of different major brands to always doubt the claims that are made "officially".
------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM http://www.keyboardforum.nl

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 09-16-2008).]

#242076 - 09/16/08 10:43 AM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Diki...What is the loading time for the Roland G70?

Same as for the S900...

Or, if you prefer... It depends on whether you can get someone to help you lift it!

No sampler at all on the G70. So no load time! It's what I prefer, honestly. There's nothing more frustrating that having a feature that is impractical to use, live. And I already have a decent sampler at home (my K2500S).

Mind you, I've got a 128MB card slot (SRX) that adds this without any load time at all. What extra ROM can you add to the Yamaha's, Donny?

#242077 - 09/16/08 04:54 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Dnj Offline

YPKO forum quote:

"There are new drum kits on Tyros 3 and they sound great.Yes it is the same octave button but it has been moved for easier use.Many things have been assigned to the modulation wheel now including the Piano to give an open lid sound and a closed lid sound.ie.the sound is much brighter when wheel is moved downwards.The new super articulated 2 buttons produce sheer magic which you really have to hear to appreciate.Don't just judge the case
for the whole inside has been updated.Far more memory to house the huge samples on some of the voices.New DSP settings for both styles and right hand voices.TFT screen which can be seen at any angle and needs no contrast button.
There were many keyboards at Pakefield and we listened to all of them and nothing to my mind came anywhere near Tyros 3 "

#242078 - 09/16/08 05:12 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
YPKO forum quote:

"There are new drum kits on Tyros 3 and they sound great.Yes it is the same octave button but it has been moved for easier use.Many things have been assigned to the modulation wheel now including the Piano to give an open lid sound and a closed lid sound.ie.the sound is much brighter when wheel is moved downwards.The new super articulated 2 buttons produce sheer magic which you really have to hear to appreciate.Don't just judge the case
for the whole inside has been updated.Far more memory to house the huge samples on some of the voices.New DSP settings for both styles and right hand voices.TFT screen which can be seen at any angle and needs no contrast button.
There were many keyboards at Pakefield and we listened to all of them and nothing to my mind came anywhere near Tyros 3 "

The suspense is building!!

#242079 - 09/16/08 11:27 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Comparing keyboards the report is pretty much correct, however regarding sounds, it was easily beaten by the new Atelier organs from Roland. (Pretty much the best sounds on site)
Hopefully the technology will be included in a new Roland keyboard range, as the current range is just hanging on for dear life. (It’s depressing to find a respected name like Roland right down the bottom of the pile)

Bill

#242080 - 09/16/08 11:41 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
It is Bill, but I have said it before, and I will say it again, historically, when Roland go this quiet, something big is coming!!!

It might still be months, maybe even a year away, but its brewing for sure!

Dennis

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online