SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#242043 - 09/14/08 01:48 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
That's real funny Bill.

FWIW, I do hear some sound improvements on the Tyros3. Drums might not be one of them though.

We'll have to wait until the T3 hits store shelves and try it out for ourselves as the ultimate and only sure fire way to distinguish the true nature of the T3's sounds and to accurately distinguish the differences soundwise to its predecessor the T2. My guess is there will be quite a few sound improvements on the T3 but argumentatively not very substantial for the most part in my opinion. Although, I've been wrong before and this could be one more instance where I'm wrong again. We shall see... in about a month or two from now, right?

Best,
Mike

#242044 - 09/14/08 01:53 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Dnj Offline

Dont laugh at those prices I think the change to a T3 is a big concern for many T2 users & beyond.....they are asking is it really worth it?......what am I doing?......my wife is gonna kill me.....its still as close to a T2 should I switch?...what is the general consensus....good, bad, or Disappointed? The hype really melted down quickly & sadly & it hasn't even been demoed on the market yet. I hope its a winner.

#242045 - 09/14/08 04:29 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
It’s a complete package.
The SA2 voices have typically 400 samples per voice.
The Piano is from their top end Clavinova
The new Drum kits are from their top end drum machines.
Plus more

Bill

#242046 - 09/14/08 05:25 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Bill,
i would have to say from those demos, the drum kits are still no where near the Motif XS drum kits...

Dont know why Yamaha arent using the same drum kits across the TOTL arrangers.

Its very frustrating!!

#242047 - 09/14/08 05:51 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nick's right Bill.., Those drum kits aren't anything like the Motif XS.... I'm tellin ya.., if Yamaha started making a few style demos and replaced the Tyros kits with some of the top acoustic kits they have on the XS.., and backed off on the compression the difference would be night and day.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#242048 - 09/14/08 05:59 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yep +1

Having just tried the XS for a couple of weeks, the drums are not even in the same room..Now add the XS kits to the T3, EXACTLY as they are, coupled to the SA 2 stuff, and a HUGE WOW factor will be evident..Speaking personally, I would even put up with a 61 note keyboard.

Dennis

#242049 - 09/14/08 08:28 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
Dnj Offline

why not Midi them BOTH T3/XS

#242050 - 09/14/08 10:06 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Yep +1

Having just tried the XS for a couple of weeks, the drums are not even in the same room..Now add the XS kits to the T3, EXACTLY as they are, coupled to the SA 2 stuff, and a HUGE WOW factor will be evident..Speaking personally, I would even put up with a 61 note keyboard.

Dennis

Uuum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I went through the XS kits, and they are VERY similar to the Tyros kits. The snares on their ready made kits are very plastic. However the XS has one patch with over 50 snares on it so that you can make your own drum kits -- so that's a whole different story. But it's still a processed sound even on the XS, imo.

I know nobody has said this, but I think its bc Yamaha fans think the Motif is god. But I was quite unimpressed. Somebody told me today that Oriental and Western people think music with different parts of the brain. I thought he was crazy, but I'm starting to think he's right. Maybe Japanese people just listen and appreciate differently...

#242051 - 09/14/08 10:25 PM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Chony, you actually went through and LISTENED to all the XS drums live, via a demo, or are you just going by the names in the data sheet?

Because I can tell you that going on the demos posted by yamaha for the T3, the XS drums LIVE, are certainly streets ahead in my opinion, may be because of better efx, or maybe better sampling, I really cannot answer as I have only heard the T3 in demos, but I have played the XS live.

Dennis

Just re-read this post, it does read a bit like a confrontation, not intended, just curious as to how you arrived at your view, is all. No slight on your opinion/thoughts meant.

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-14-2008).]

#242052 - 09/15/08 12:37 AM Re: TYROS 3 Today ....Are You READY?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Wait until October when it is in the shops, as it sounds a totally different animal when played live. (The online demos don’t come close)
In addition don’t forget that I am one of the few on synthzone that have heard it live, so I know what the Tyros 3 sounds like in the flesh.

Bill

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online