#241800 - 09/04/08 06:21 AM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
That price can be beaten, no problem.

Give me a call,

DNJ ?

You didn't give me a try?

Chony, did you give me a chance at that price?

I'm hurt

Frankie.......I'm just the messenger with this info I'm not ready to buy until the Audya & new Roland come to market......
As you well know, YOU ARE MY FIRST PHONE CALL Always when I make a purchase of a KB or anything else in Musical gear or electronics.
Don't be hurt be HAPPY!!
http://www.audioworksct.com/

Ladies & Gentleman FRANK is Da Man!!!

Check him out asap!

\

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-04-2008).]

#241801 - 09/04/08 07:15 AM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:

Chony, did you give me a chance at that price?

I didn't know you were a dealer. What price would you have given for a Pa2x? Or for a T3 for that matter?

And now that we're talking, do you sell ultimate stands? I'm interested in one of their Apex Column stands...

#241802 - 09/04/08 08:51 AM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It's good to see dealers are dickering on the T3 price. The sticker shock is not as bad as I thought it would be which is a good thing. Kudos to Yamaha for keeping the T3 price competitive and in some cases lower than competition for a comparable 61 key totl arranger. Albeit, the Roland E-80 and Korg Pa1X do have internal speakers which are a boon to a lot of arranger players and something that some cannot sacrifice without. I'm not sure if Korg will make a PA2X 61 key with speakers but you never know I suppose.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-04-2008).]

#241803 - 09/04/08 02:52 PM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The Ketron Audya will be a lot more than the Yamaha T3 (about $5500.)
I am really getting worried when I see dealers selling far below MAP prices. The margins just don't justify the low price. It is very difficult to stay in business with all the costs today of rent, insurance, help and a growing number of lower and lower priced instruments and accessories. If you don't maintain a decent margin of profit, you just keep trying to pay your bills and keep your head above water.
I've seen my friend Dan O open a retail music store a few years ago in Maryland,and face the same problems we all are experiencing. He's no longer in business. It's tough out there and when I see a product that hasn't even begun to ship and see the price war beginning to take shape, I get concerned. Yes, you get a great deal but the dealer can't stay in business anymore without making a reasonable profit.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#241804 - 09/04/08 02:59 PM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
I'm not sure if Korg will make a PA2X 61 key with speakers but you never know I suppose.

They did. It's called the PA800 and is otherwise identical to the Pa2x.

#241805 - 09/04/08 03:06 PM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Yes, you get a great deal but the dealer can't stay in business anymore without making a reasonable profit.

That is the blessing and curse of capitalism. Many of us musicians feel the same heat when a newbie kid hits the market with cut-throat prices. The CD stores have all been burned by iTunes, and we're almost at the point where a movie store is a relic of the past.

If you're taking suggestions, I would suggest you set up an amazing website and submit it to google and other search engines so that it shows up when people search under "shopping" (this is the first place I look for anything).

#241806 - 09/04/08 03:48 PM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I appreciate your suggestion about the website. However, I like being a brick and mortar store that's been here for 39 years and although I have enjoyed many of the members here buying from me for years, I don't want to become an internet store. Coming to forums and chat rooms allow me to know more personally my customers but when shoppers who find my kayesmusicscne.com webpage contact me, most of the time it's not a "real" customer and I don't have the time to spend finding this out.
I really prefer the old fashioned way of coming into a store and shopping in your local community, but I'm not blind to what the internet has done to mom and pop businesess. I'm just venting here, and we will se what the future holds for smaller shops the next few years.
Thanks again for your input.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#241807 - 09/04/08 04:07 PM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Just my 2 cents !

Diversify , that is the key , if you are able to do more with what you have, maybe you can make it.

Just a thought.

Gary 

#241808 - 09/04/08 04:41 PM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
The Ketron Audya will be a lot more than the Yamaha T3 (about $5500.)
I am really getting worried when I see dealers selling far below MAP prices. The margins just don't justify the low price. It is very difficult to stay in business with all the costs today of rent, insurance, help and a growing number of lower and lower priced instruments and accessories. If you don't maintain a decent margin of profit, you just keep trying to pay your bills and keep your head above water.
I've seen my friend Dan O open a retail music store a few years ago in Maryland,and face the same problems we all are experiencing. He's no longer in business. It's tough out there and when I see a product that hasn't even begun to ship and see the price war beginning to take shape, I get concerned. Yes, you get a great deal but the dealer can't stay in business anymore without making a reasonable profit.

Hi George,

Just to clarify..
Going out of business did not have a lot to do with margin as it did many other issues.
If I had listened to my gut vs an attorney, I'd still be in business. If any one wants details, email me privately.

IMO, Donny's private email should remain "private", ..

I am certain Alto Music did not intend for this to be posted on a public forum, it could cause them serious problems for them.

Dan O'

#241809 - 09/04/08 05:14 PM Re: Tyros 3 Price posted on YPKO
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
I agree , pricing publicly is never a good idea.

In Donny`s defense he copied and pasted from somewhere else.

There will be more info in the future , if all goes as planed.

NO pricing info , just the facts as they pertain to the T-3.

Gary 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online