Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#241656 - 09/03/08 01:21 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Sorry..., forgot Ian.. I'm comparing the Tyros to a board you probably couldn't even find the power-switch to let alone actually operate the darn thing.

Tsk tsk, Squeak...you're reaching...insulting me isn't very polite.

I've played all the Yamaha Motif synths, and have done clinics on them....have you?

Shame on you for being so nasty.

Ian

#241657 - 09/03/08 01:27 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Actually yes I have Ian.... I've given local demos on several occasions for the Motif XS line.... I've also done it for the Fantom X, Motif ES, and the Korg Triton series. I eat, breathe, and live through synths Ian. I live for tweeking a synth.... How about yourself..., do you go past pressing start stop, variation this and that?

We were talking IN GENERAL Ian about the price difference of two PRO keyboards.., one clearly not being more important than the other. If you can't grasp that simple yet basic concept..., then I don't know what else to tell you.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241658 - 09/03/08 01:29 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ian..., I just think it's best you and I don't reply to eachother. I'll ignore your replies and you just ingore mine.... To be honest.., I don't like you.. or at least the internet Ian that I know. So for the sake of not pissing others off on this forum it's best we just not bounce back and forth with eachother. Say whatever you want.., but I for the sake of the sanity of other members here WILL NOT reply to anymore of your posts....

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-03-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241659 - 09/03/08 02:08 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
How about yourself..., do you go past pressing start stop, variation this and that?

We were talking IN GENERAL Ian about the price difference of two PRO keyboards.., one clearly not being more important than the other. If you can't grasp that simple yet basic concept..., then I don't know what else to tell you.

Yes, Squeak, I tweak...hey, that rhymes!

I grew up on analog synths...I had a Roland Jupiter 8 and several Moogs...then did the digitals too...a few Casio CZs, more Rolands(JX, D-50/70 etc)...and I haven't mentioned the Yamahas... CS, DX, SY, EX and now Motif.

Lots of tweaking and programming...all very enjoyable and a great experience.

Regarding your "simple, yet basic concept"...it is still comparing apples and oranges...no matter how you try and slice it.

Ian

#241660 - 09/03/08 02:12 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
To be honest.., I don't like you..

Thanks for the honesty Squeak...I still think you're a nice guy.

All the best,

Ian

#241661 - 09/03/08 03:35 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
mc Offline

Loc: New York
hello all,

I don't want to take sides on this one but arrangers are not synths, like Motif vs G70. one is an apple and the other one is an oranges. Even though some features or sounds cross over. Arrangers through out the years have always been expensive and not to far to what they cost now. Yamahas, wersi, crummer,roland, etc, 20-25 years ago were $2000-3000 sometimes more.

#241662 - 09/03/08 03:45 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
Dnj Offline

What does this all have to do with Frank selling Tyros3?

#241663 - 09/03/08 04:20 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What does this all have to do with Frank selling Tyros3?

Originally posted by keybplayer:
"but in the end Yamaha will most likely still sell a boat load of 'em"

Frank will be happy?

#241664 - 09/03/08 05:10 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well...let's see...I paid $3100 for my T2 May 2007. At the time street price was $3495.

You just have to ask for a better price.

So, if the T3 is really going to cost $3900 from anyone for a while that means it would be a $800 price increase over my T2....

That's a lot!
It's going to have to sound a LOT better than the T2 for me to upgrade.

Plus I need to sell my absolutely mint T2.

>>>>>>>>>>> OK, I just decided my T2 is for sale.

Lee

#241665 - 09/03/08 05:50 PM Re: Some more news on the Tyros 3
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Actually...........For me the main reason I am upgrading from my Tyros2 is better sound quality, which I really expect. I can try it out in my home environment for 30 days, and if I want to return it I'll only have to pay shipping back. You might say I would be renting it for a month for $100. For me, that's better than driving 100 miles to find one and listen to it in a store. That is if it is even hooked up to speakers. It was 3 months until I saw a Tyros2 in Tampa or Miami after I received mine. And it was only on display. I asked if I could play it, and the salesman acted like it would be such a chore to hook it up. No wonder so many people buy online now. Free shipping, no sales tax, lower overhead...........I remember when I enjoyed shopping for a keyboard, going to a store, and seeing a whole array of different models that could be played. I lived near Chicago then, and things aren't like that anywhere near me in Florida. There's probably no turning back now.................. -charley

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online