SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#241614 - 09/02/08 07:21 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I know Donny It's just that Yamaha really confuses me. The Tyros is their Pro Arranger.., yet they design and market it for the home user. Korg and Roland's Pro Arrangers aren't home keyboards. They're designed for the pro market, and built for that sole purpose.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241615 - 09/02/08 07:28 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Dnj Offline

Squeak....yamaha is not going to alienate their Core buyers & dedicated Tyros base.....they have to satisfy Both Home players which is a Biggie for them & Pro users at the same time to a point & also make money as that's the bottom line....the 76 key versions are not money makes for them to warrant a whole manufacturing line of T3's......so they just include a few suedo pro features to entice all who venture. But little by little the others are creeping up & its getting harder & harder for Yamaha to stay on top...unless they have something very special that will titillate the senses for their customers. This big game will get very interesting in teh near future for sure....hold on to your wallets & Buyer BE WISE!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-02-2008).]

#241616 - 09/02/08 10:09 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Let me say this if I may. Mother may I?

Anyway,.. I hope Yamaha i.e. (Steve Deming) is listening.

There is rebellion amongst the loyal troops with people starting to wake up to Yamaha's, in my opinion, "nefarious shenanigans" of giving consumers an expensive software upgrade by way of a $4,000 'hardware' keyboard, namely the T3. It is the same type of thing they did with the original Tyros and also the Tyros2.

Yamaha has a propensity, in my opinion, to shun giving loyal customers who own their arranger keyboard products any type of OS upgrade enhancements (beyond your typical bug fixes) and people are finally seeing Yamaha's true motives, which I believe is to rake in all the dough they can and then either completely forget their customer's continuing product satisfaction of those who have purchased their arranger keyboard products (except fixing bugs - which if they didn't would give them a severe black eye in the public persona) or then turn around and try to get away with the same ol' "trick" again by offering a ridiculously expensive sofware upgrade by way of a successive 'hardware' keyboard model.

To Yamaha's credit the original Tyros had some Drum mapping issues and Yamaha did indeed correct them, but it makes you wonder why they didn't get the mapping right in the first place and indeed could still be considered simply a "bug" fix only.

When people start to sense someone or some business entity like Yamaha is trying to take advantage of them people tend to rise up "against the machine" or person (whichever the case may be) who they feel is taking advantage of them. What makes it even more disconcerting is that a business is suppose to be a public institution i.e. created specifically for the "benefit" and the "needs" of consumers, not the other way around. Sure, a business is in business to make money and that's fine and dandy. What is NOT fine and dandy is when a company uses underhanded tactics to increase their own bottom line at the expensive of those very consumers who are, in good faith, buying their products.

On the other hand, another 'positive' aspect I can attribute to Yamaha is their good customer service, where if something actually goes wrong with one of their keyboards under warranty (and in some cases beyond the warranty), they are quick to help you find a solution in resolving the issue(s) or by getting it to a service center for repair if necessary.

I've said many times that I like Yamaha. One important aspect of me liking them is the personnel on staff at Yamaha U.S., which is located about 90 miles up the coast from where I live.

But what really gets my goat is the perception that Yamaha Japan is only in it for the money when it comes to the selling of their keyboard products and perhaps all the other products they sell as well if the truth be known - instead of trying to build strong ties and the consumer's trust and confidence along with the products they sell by giving consumers the "real deal" in "complete" product satisfaction. In other words, it takes more than offering the public these constant $4,000 software upgrades. And people are wising up and seeing it for what it is.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 09-02-2008).]

#241617 - 09/02/08 10:32 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

AMEN! Like I said, I can't wait until the new Korg OS update is released. It's going to be great for the Korg PA owners to show what they got FOR FREE without having to upgrade at the cost of four grand!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241618 - 09/02/08 11:00 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Look, the loudest voice you can carry to Yamaha is the one where you do NOT purchase their products if you don't like them.

I've already voiced my opinion/rebellion on the direction of the Tyros and purchased a Korg Pa2xpro; ENOUGH SAID!

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 09-02-2008).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#241619 - 09/02/08 11:07 AM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
squeak_D Offline

AGAIN...., AMEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!! I can't count the number of times I've said on this forum that if you really want to show Yamaha you've had enough, and help them realize they need to get it together DON'T BUY THE NEW MODEL. Time will tell I guess. Maybe all these really happy Korg and Roland owners with good OS updates will get the spark lit for them....

#241620 - 09/02/08 01:05 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
miden Offline

Loc: The World
It is interesting to note that, in Australia at least, sales of the PA2Xpro and the PA800 are actually increasing.

I was talking with the Korg rep just yesterday and he was saying that the 2 Korg flagships are finally starting to make an impact with home users, and with sales to pro-users now tending towards "healthy", they are very happy with the trends.

To me, this just confirms Yamaha's poor timing in introducing an incremental update at best, in a new shell, and I have no doubt that the same sense of being "skimmed" will also manifest itself in Tyros users in Australia.

Dennis

#241621 - 09/02/08 01:29 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I've already voiced my opinion/rebellion on the direction of the Tyros and purchased a Korg Pa2xpro; ENOUGH SAID!

Me too.

#241622 - 09/02/08 02:09 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Look, the loudest voice you can carry to Yamaha is the one where you do NOT purchase their products if you don't like them.

I voiced my opinion years ago after product support for my 9000 Pro was atrocious to say the least. I dumped the Yamaha and bought a Wersi. I've never looked back since and even though Yamaha has come out with many offerings since the 9000 Pro, I've auditioned and passed on every one of them. I'm certain the Tyros 3 won't make the grade for me either but I'll at least try it out like I have every other offering I can get my hands on. I still give Yamaha a chance for my business but if their products don't meet my needs, they won't get another dime from me.

#241623 - 09/02/08 02:11 PM Re: Interesting news about Tyros-3
mc Offline

Loc: New York
If the vocal harmonizer on the tyros 3 is the same as the s900. I have no issues with it, I got mine to sound pretty good after some tweaking.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online