SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#24152 - 10/14/02 06:58 PM Question on XP-80 User patches
puzk Offline

Hi everyone,
I've owned a XP-80, for about a year, but I've got a question about it.

While trying to write to a user patches, the XP80 asks to turn user write protect off. Does anyone here know how to turn this function off for good?(I mean permanant) Everytime I turn it off and on, and if I try to write to user patches again it always asks that. Does anyone here write to user banks in the XP patches? I've used the XP-30, and it has the exact same problem. (or is it not even a problem?) Because I always write to user patches, and have found that this function is becoming very annoying.

Any help would be apprecicated. Thanks.

#24153 - 10/29/02 10:44 AM Re: Question on XP-80 User patches
desertmusician Offline

Loc: Yuma, AZ USA
Do you mean every single time you try to write to USER? It's supposed to ask you the first time you write after every time you turn the keyboard on, but if you leave the protect off, it shouldn't ask you again unless you turn the unit off and then on again.

If it's asking every single time, something is wrong. And as far as I know, there is no way to turn it off permanently. Sorry...

#24154 - 02/28/03 04:16 AM Re: Question on XP-80 User patches
TMS Offline

Loc: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
As far as I know, it's more likely a temporary thing than it is permanent. In other words, utility/protect, will work for the remaining time of XP being on. When the synth is switched off, Protect is reseted back to on. If it were possible to save protect modes, then the problem is overcomed.
Otherwise, yes I'd say on behalf of your statements, its annoying (but cautious).

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online