SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#241248 - 08/28/08 11:38 PM Re: No more funny pictures over T3 keys
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maybe it's a new 'feature'

Perhaps there are little lights under the keys, that show you what each key's drum sound is... and can light up to show you where to press the next note for your 'home' rendition of "Born Free' for the family?

#241249 - 08/29/08 05:30 AM Re: No more funny pictures over T3 keys
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I have probably posted this before, but for those who have not read it...

Nashville Music Row uses Yamaha arranger workstations for their writers when they brainstorm, and serious professionals like Melissa Manchester, Martina McBride, David Paich(Toto), David Bryant(Bon Jovi) and others use Yamaha arrangers as writing tools.

These are just a few that I am aware of, but it does show that Yamaha arrangers aren't just used by "home" players.

Coffee is brewing for those who have not awakened and had a sniff.

Ian

PS...anyone know of any pros who use Korg or Roland "home" arrangers like the PA-800 or G70/E-80(other than our own SZ'ers)..it would be interesting to know.

#241250 - 08/29/08 05:42 AM Re: No more funny pictures over T3 keys
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Arrangers may get snubbed at times, but the reality is more pros actually have these things than most people realize. Many dihard synth owners have arrangers too.., sadly most are too proud to admit it. I've seen arrangers used by famous live bands, seen them in personal studios (showcased in mags) of popular musicians. You'd see all these top end synths, then something like a Tyros, Korg PA and the PSR line in these same studios. I remember reading an article on one of the Levert's and in the pic he had a PSR-530 in his bedroom on a stand. Saw the group (I'm pretty sure it was) Rascal Flatts play once on a TV program (they had limited space) the keyboard player was using a PSR-630. John Tesh would hide his Korg PA-80 to his lower right of the grand piano while performing. Arrangers are everywhere in the pro scene, sadly they're just not often in the spotlight.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241251 - 08/31/08 06:56 PM Re: No more funny pictures over T3 keys
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Ok Fran, what did you buy this time? Let me guess a Fender Rhodes? (I actually want one of those).

You mean like this ? http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/pianodano/?action=view¤t=43bf0d8f.pbw

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online