Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#241004 - 08/29/08 08:58 AM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Posted by Dom:
--------------------------------------------
Guys..this is the Open system....personally i don't care so much for the arranger, now I have one BOMB of sysnthesizer workstation that no another brand can compete.
--------------------------------------------

Dom, You know I've always been a supporter of your Mediastation, but with all do respect that comment isn't going to do anything for your sales on this forum. Folks here are interested in what the MS can do as an arranger, and to see the CEO make this type of statement will only scare off potential customers. Just curious though.., are you now considering moving the MS more towards a synth workstation now?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241005 - 08/29/08 09:09 AM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
squeak_D Offline

Dom,
I just wanted to run a suggestion by you and see what you think of it. In your statement you mentioned you dont really care for the arranger and how powerful the MS is as a synth. Keeping that in mind you actually have a good chance now to tap into the market with something that no one else is doing, BUT this feature has been requested MANY times from all the synth makers.

Lets go on what you said about not really being too interested in the arranger. Well for YEARS synth players have been asking for the ability to have preset drum patterns that are triggered like an arranger keyboard. I agree the MS is a freakin beast when you look at it's power as a synth..., but you could tap that market for those who have been wanting to have 100's of preset drum patterns with dedicated controls like an arranger keyboard. I can't tell you how many times I've read requests for this feature. You could then just find a really good person at writing the drum patterns.., you could even go as far as making it several tracks.., and even leaving one OPEN for the user to record their own bass line to be triggered like an arranger.

Anyways..., just a suggestion.

Best Regards,
Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#241006 - 08/29/08 09:26 AM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Are there any pros in the U.S.A. using the Mediastation on stage?

#241007 - 08/29/08 10:13 AM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Dom,
I just wanted to run a suggestion by you and see what you think of it. In your statement you mentioned you dont really care for the arranger and how powerful the MS is as a synth. Keeping that in mind you actually have a good chance now to tap into the market with something that no one else is doing, BUT this feature has been requested MANY times from all the synth makers.

Lets go on what you said about not really being too interested in the arranger. Well for YEARS synth players have been asking for the ability to have preset drum patterns that are triggered like an arranger keyboard. I agree the MS is a freakin beast when you look at it's power as a synth..., but you could tap that market for those who have been wanting to have 100's of preset drum patterns with dedicated controls like an arranger keyboard. I can't tell you how many times I've read requests for this feature. You could then just find a really good person at writing the drum patterns.., you could even go as far as making it several tracks.., and even leaving one OPEN for the user to record their own bass line to be triggered like an arranger.

Anyways..., just a suggestion.

Best Regards,
Squeak

hello Squeak
you don't have understand what I want to say.
is NOT that I'm not interesting to develope more features on Qranger side, we are all the day here to commit new features on this amazing arranger engine.
Qranger is also the right SEQ for the groove box and pattern box, for this do not have limitation at all.
Is only me, that personally i don't care to much to gig live with midi styles, because the double MS players audio-midi and the qranger organized under goove box-Songs player I have enough!
I prefer to play with a SEQ songs mode instead to use the style, because then i can play with two hands the whole keyboard how I like.

The Mediastation is the only keyboard in the open view and can be used for different situation.
can be for a style player, Mp3 player, midi file player, Video player Or only like a super ASIO synth or much better for the classical Pianist that are looking for the best quality GIGA Pianos.
We sold the Clavinuovo in one big hotel, where there play ONLY the Piano sounds, they don't care at the all others features.
The MS but be open system and to be adapt to any musician.

Other brand prefer to sell different keyboards product for each type of musician necessity.
Example: why i have to buy now a Triton, M3, Motif, Fantom..when now I can load the desidered ASIO or VST plugin integrated on the MS panel?

there you like the T3, for sure amazing styles, BUT a poor and limited sampler.
G-70 is perfect for the midi only, but no sampler at all..
PA800 is a good mix, but to slow to load some MB of Sampler before ready to play...

Is a compromise, you have to choose what you like better.
the MS is a totally different product and sounds different too, but can be adapt to any situation.
You buy one time and then is ONLY OS update for years and every time more new features, like you have buy a new keyboard.
Maybe you have understand what I will to say.
cheers

#241008 - 08/29/08 10:45 AM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Domenic,

I'm going to ask you for something which you should have done years ago.
If you can do this properly, you will have many more fans here.

Please put together 15-20 style demos and another 15-20 instrument demos.

Every company (Korg, Yamaha, Roland), has tens of demos for each of their products and LIONSTRACS has none.
Although someone already posted one demo above, it is not enough.
You guys need to do this and take it seriously.

#241009 - 08/29/08 12:05 PM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
squeak_D Offline

Thanks for clearing that up Dom

#241010 - 08/29/08 12:41 PM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Magica Alfa,

Greetings to you in Slovenia! Thank you for the demo sounds. I really liked that Bass. Very nice! The Bass 'Drum' though sounded a little different than my ears are accoustomed to. Perhaps a different Drum Kit's Bass Drum on the MS would sound more pleasing and realistic to me though. But overall I really liked the sounds. Very encouraging to say the least.

I noticed on the Lionstracs web site that there is a new MEDIASTATION X-76 Expanded for around $3,800 coming in September.

It looks very promising and it is also competitively priced to traditional high end arrangers on the market too. >> If indeed the Euro conversion to dollars is the correct amount i.e. $3,800 or so. Tax and shipping also has to be factored in of course and shipping to the USA could get very pricey. Needless to say though, things are indeed looking up for Lionstracs and the Mediastation in my opinion.

Hey Domenik! Anytime you happen to in the States and more precisely in California and happen to have your Corvette with you, look me up...

There is a drag strip not too far from where I live.

Best,
Mike

#241011 - 08/29/08 12:46 PM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hey Donny! If you could please "trim down" that huge pic of the MS it would be much appreciated. It makes it hard to read the posts, having to scroll side to side and all.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-29-2008).]

#241012 - 08/29/08 12:56 PM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
LIONSTRACS Offline

Thanks Mike
You made me cry...after I get my baby..I had sold my Corvette C5 too...no place for 3..
Richard was the last one to drive and enjoy my corvette in the Alps...
pity...

#241013 - 08/29/08 12:57 PM Re: LIONSTRACS IS NOT SLEEPING
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Hey Donny! If you could please "trim down" that huge pic of the T3 it would be much appreciated. It makes it hard to read the posts, having to scroll side to side and all.

Best,
Mike

I agree totally...
cheers

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online