SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240753 - 08/24/08 06:39 PM Re: A couple more T3 pictures
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
At the risk of alienating anyone left on this forum that doesn't already think I'm an idiot...

I think it's fairly easy to chose a President. Pick the party.

And, after eight years of Republican Presidency, and at least six years of Republican dominance in both the House and Senate, you only have to ask yourself whether you think the country is better off now, or eight years ago. For good or bad, it's easy to see which side of the aisle to place the blame or credit for where we are right now.

So, are you better off now than eight years ago? Is the country better off than it was eight years ago? Is the economy better off than it was eight years ago?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I am, I don't think our country is (it's my country now, God help us!), and unless you are in the top 10%, neither is our economy.

But a Republican will STILL try to tell you it's the fault of the Democrats And there are Americans who will believe him!

So, for better, or worse (though it's hard to imagine worse ), I am looking for a REAL change, not just a change in the leadership of the same exact team. If a team sucks from top to bottom, you don't just trade the quarterback...

Obama for me, or rather, anyone OTHER than a Republican! Now, if only there were a third option...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQJ9Xp0xxU kind of says it all for me...

And now, you all have another reason to think I'm an idiot for something OTHER than I don't give a crap if a keyboard weighs 45 lb. or don't feel like driving 1600 miles to play a keyboard that sounds like ass in most of it's demos...

#240754 - 08/24/08 06:55 PM Re: A couple more T3 pictures
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hey Diki,

Does anyone you know use all 100% of the features on their Tyros2 or any board for the matter? I might use 20% of mine but I like having so many options to choose from. Some people, like my Dad just play right hand one finger at a time melodies to a style triggered by 1 finger. But he loves that simplicity to death! He could care less about any of the other features. I was watching another keyboard player using a Tyros2 and he used the data entry wheel to make all his choices. I realized I have probably used mine 5 times in 2 years. I always select with the buttons. Yamaha or anyone else would have to offer hundreds of different keyboard models to cater to individual tastes so one feels they use their instrument completely. I'm glad they went in the other direction and offer thousands of features even if I only need 100. -charley

#240755 - 08/24/08 07:09 PM Re: A couple more T3 pictures
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, I was trying to point out that maybe it's cheaper to learn another 10% of whatever you DO use on your current arranger, than spend a fortune and end up using the same small percentage you already do on another one... (and usually sounding pretty much the same once the novelty factor wears off)

Of course, it involves WORK, and not just money.. I guess it depends on what you like doing the most...

Learning, or spending.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online