SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#240608 - 08/24/08 03:37 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Ian,

You say your working "WITH" Yamah, but not working FOR Yamaha? We are all working WITH Yamaha by purchasing their keyboards. The question is; Are you employed by Yamaha?

Al

Yes.

#240609 - 08/24/08 03:49 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry, Ian... poor choice of words!

Yes, I think you've nailed MY prattling on as well!

But, in lieu of any actual music, what else is there to do?

#240610 - 08/24/08 06:32 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
I don't work for Yamaha and can't wait to play my new Tyros3. If another company came out with a new arranger that I liked, and it only came with 76 keys I'd buy it because of the way it sounded. I really don't want more than 61 keys. Yamaha has been very good to me and I believe they are right on the mark for the customers they target with their products. I am that perfect Yamaha customer. I am that home user I hear so much about here. Every Yamaha keyboard I have bought in the past 30 years has been better than its last model. I have a Tyros2 now and still remember the day it arrived and how much better it sounded than any other board I had heard. Those who have heard Tyros3 say it sounds even better than Tyros2, but that is their opinion and I will make mine when the time comes. -charley

#240611 - 08/24/08 07:21 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
If another company came out with a new arranger that I liked, and it only came with 76 keys I'd buy it because of the way it sounded.

But would you buy it if it only had 45 keys?

That's how pianists think about 61-ers. The best piano sound in the world, if you can't play it like a piano. is a total waste. Same with Rhodes, etc.. Part of the 'sound' is the voicings. If you can't do stretched out playing and hammer the top and bottom simultaneously, well, there goes most of rock and roll, boogie woogie, barrelhouse, not to mention classical and jazz.

So, before you dismiss this issue, think about if YOU had imposed on you the same limitations that pianists feel. I think, if you REALLY put your mind to it, you COULD get by (just!) on a 45 note arranger. But you would be FAR from happy about it, now wouldn't you? And you probably wouldn't be too happy with those that told you how unimportant YOUR need for a 61 is, either!

#240612 - 08/24/08 07:42 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Dont worry Charlie.......
Voncken, Smorenburg & Baartmans
are ready to pounce on the world once again with new Demonstrations!

ARE YOU READY?

#240613 - 08/24/08 08:23 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Dont worry Charlie.......
Voncken, Smorenburg & Baartmans
are ready to pounce on the world once again with new Demonstrations!

ARE YOU READY?

And then most of us will come out with demos that demonstrate that that $1000 trade difference (I've seen used T2's going for about $2800 or thereabouts, so you need about a grand more for the T3) would have been MUCH better spent on lessons with a good teacher and some quality practice time

As you keep pointing out, Donny... it's the PLAYER, not the keyboard, that makes anyone impressed!

Baartmans and Voncken could make most on this forum buy a G70 if THEY demoed it

#240614 - 08/24/08 08:31 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
As you keep pointing out, Donny... it's the PLAYER, not the keyboard, that makes anyone impressed!

Not anyone Diki.....but EVERYONE !

Not only that here we have Tweekers & Bravadoists with nothing to back up what they tout......but that's getting old.

If I should ask ...."By getting a new T3 will it make you play better?"

What do you think the answer would be Diki?

I rest my case,

Carry on

Enjoy your music

DP

#240615 - 08/25/08 12:21 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
http://will49.zenfolio.com/img/v1/p171473257.jpg

Nice pic

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 08-25-2008).]

#240616 - 08/25/08 10:49 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands

#240617 - 08/25/08 06:00 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Mike,

I don't understand why you keep referring to me in your posts like that? I own ONE keyboard??? A Korg Pa2xpro??

What Gives?

Al

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Some people probably won't be able hold out like me (Hey Al!..
[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-23-2008).][/B]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online