SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#240598 - 08/24/08 09:38 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sliders AND rocker buttons?

Why would you need BOTH..?

I'll venture a guess and say that the sliders are probably low quality therefore not allowing fine movements of +/- 1% in their travel. That would make editing certain features extremely difficult with the sliders alone. Hence the addition of increment and decrement buttons as well as sliders.

High quality pots that offer fine movement control cost lots of money and when profit is a consideration more than build quality, manufacturers make sacrifices. Does Yamaha make more profit or do they make less profit and use higher quality buttons, switches, and materials? Given Yamaha's propensity for using cheap parts I'm sure they opted to go with the cheaper components. Sad, very sad.

When you consider the price point the Tyros 3 falls within there is no reason it shouldn't be built using a high quality lightweight metal frame, 1% pots and switches, and a great feeling keybed. Consumers are being soaked and Yamaha is laughing all the way to the bank!

#240599 - 08/24/08 10:28 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I am very content with Yamaha's drums and overall sound...that's why I use one.

If one wants a different "sound"...then buy a Korg or Roland....it's that simple.

Tyros3 will be the logical step up from T2 and T1, and if the success of the first two are any indication, the new model will sell very well indeed.

I'm looking forward to working with it and taking it on the road for demoing.

Ian

#240600 - 08/24/08 10:56 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
I am very content with Yamaha's drums and overall sound...that's why I use one.

Ian,

Don't you work for Yamaha or aren't you a clinician for them? That might be the reason why you are using Yamaha! Would Yamaha mind if you used a Korg Oasys or Wersi and took it on the road with you? If you do work for Yamaha I'm sure your tongues tied to say you only use their MI products even if you do own and use other brands.

In your posts I've not seen you slam any Yamaha product for sound, build quality, or software issues, only praise them. Even the low end S900 you tout as if it were the holy grail of arrangers ever made. Is it that Yamaha only makes products with no software bugs, the best hardware available, the best build quality, and the best sounds of any keyboard available? Hardly!

I prefer to not have my hands or tongue tied when it comes to voicing opinions on arrangers and keyboards based upon actual use. I'll bet if you said anything bad about Yamaha you'd be out of a job in a second. You don't seem to have issue bashing other manufacturers products so I have to wonder... how many other brands of arrangers do you own? How many have you actually used first hand and which models? I don't mean just seeing at some trade show either. Which ones have you actually used? Enquiring minds want to know.

#240601 - 08/24/08 11:03 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
Ian,

Don't you work for Yamaha or aren't you a clinician for them?

Actually, I started working with Yamaha because I love the product.

No, they aren't perfect...but they offer the best overall arranger experience for amateurs and pros alike.

I have my reasons for using a product...so do you...I only have to please me, not you.

Ian

#240602 - 08/24/08 11:26 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Ensnareyou Offline

Quote:

No, they aren't perfect...but they offer the best overall arranger experience for amateurs and pros alike.

I have my reasons for using a product...so do you...I only have to please me, not you.

Ian

Ian,

I don't pander myself to any product because I am being paid to use them. How can you be objective and fair when you are being paid to tout a specific brand? Stating anything that would be contrary to what Yamaha wanted you to would almost assuredley put you out of a job.

You still didn't answer the questions I asked either. I wonder why?

You're statement that you only have to please yourself and not me isn't true. Your job is to please others regarding the Yamaha brand and promote it in a manner necessary to sell products. If you didn't "please others" you wouldn't sell any product and you'd be looking for another job. That's a fact.

#240603 - 08/24/08 11:27 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:

Ian

You work for Yamaha , that's a good reason for using the product ...

Secondly, to say Yamaha offers the best for everyone is ridiculous. How about a T3 with 76 keys or a T3 with 61 keys with speakers on board ?

#240604 - 08/24/08 11:32 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
You work for Yamaha , that's a good reason for using the product ...

Using the product is a good reason for working with Yamaha...

Ian

#240605 - 08/24/08 12:17 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think that Ian's choice of Yamaha is what has driven his job with them, not the other way around.

OTOH, his delusion comes from the lack of understanding that what works for HIM, doesn't necessarily translate to nirvana for others. Just as my choice of nirvana is his idea of hell!

Strangely, he never makes that leap of logic... Just blithely prattles on about the 'perfect arranger (the S900)' as if there is some kind of universality about it.

The S900 may indeed be one of the better 'pure' arrangers out there. But many of us need FAR more than a simple arranger to cover the wider choice of music and ensemble than he does. I always take what Ian says with a tempering of knowledge that he isn't trying to stretch on the keyboard as much as some of us. If he wants to play piano, he takes a whole other keyboard! If he needs a workstation, he'll use one of those.

Me, I'd rather one keyboard do it all adequately, than haul around multiple keyboards to do it a hair better (if that!)...

#240606 - 08/24/08 12:29 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Just blithely prattles on...

Thanks Diki, my friend...quite the pair of prattlers we are...I just happen to use less words.

Ian

#240607 - 08/24/08 03:16 PM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ian,

You say your working "WITH" Yamah, but not working FOR Yamaha? We are all working WITH Yamaha by purchasing their keyboards. The question is; Are you employed by Yamaha?

Al

Quote:
Using the product is a good reason for working with Yamaha...

Ian

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online