SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#240588 - 08/23/08 04:12 AM Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The first Tyros 3 picture is taken from the latest Keyboard Cavalcade magazine, and is a 2 page Yamaha advertisement, so you will need to use your photo manipulation software to stitch the pages together.
Next follows the Pakefield program.
Finally, the official pictures of Tyros 3 in the magazine. (Hasn’t scanned as well as I would have liked unfortunately)
http://www.4shared.com/file/60126025/413ec2e6/Pakefield_2009.html

Bill

#240589 - 08/23/08 04:59 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#240590 - 08/23/08 06:40 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sliders AND rocker buttons?

Why would you need BOTH..? By not being able to decide which to chose, I think Yamaha have come up with a system that has serious compromises. The travel on the sliders looks extremely short throw, to make enough room for the buttons (making fine adjustment of parameters tricky), and to get to the buttons, your hand is going to have to hover dangerously close to those sliders, which, because they ARE short throw, will only need a small accidental bump to move a parameter a large distance.

And it just doesn't make sense... They motorize the DISPLAY, but NOT the sliders! Anybody else think this is ass backwards?

I guess most in the Yamaha camp will rush to the poor things defense, but honestly... If you have good quality, decent faders, why do you need inc/dec buttons AS WELL..? It's supposed to be an either/or thing. Both systems work fine, but not crammed together in the same space...

I think few organ players are going to be happy with such short travel drawbars, at the very least

#240591 - 08/23/08 07:12 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Dnj Offline

Thanks Bill....
So far I really like the new exterior design compared to T2....can't wait to see & hear more before I comment.

#240592 - 08/23/08 08:30 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Thanks Bill. It looks like the T3 will have the same LCD screen as the T1/T2 have. I like the overall design much better than the T2 with it's rounded edges and smooth curves.

Looks like there are quite a few additional buttons and it's really nice to see that Yamaha is indeed giving the T3 those physical sliders, and right below the LCD screen making it convenient for either left or right hand adjustment. Although because of the shorter length for adjusting them it may make it more difficult for users to adjust them effectively on the fly compared to other Drawbars that have a longer throw. I guess we'll have to wait until November for the final verdict.

I really would have liked to have gotten a T3 but I'm sticking to my guns 'again' and won't because of Yamaha's continuing propensity to neglect a wide segment (50% to be more precise ) of keyboardists who want more than a measly 61 keys to play on.

Some people probably won't be able hold out like me (Hey Al!.. ) and that's their choice of course, but Yamaha will never change their ways unless the public makes a strong stand by choosing to pass on the T3 (or whatever other totl arranger they produce that has 61 keys) and which will hopefully in return make a dent in their corporate "thick" heads and they decide to meet the strong demand from arranger keyboardists who want 76 (or more) keys and want it in a Yamaha flavor.

The reason I am sticking to my guns and taking on the behemoth Yamaha is because in reality - I really like Yamaha.. really, I do.. and I would like to continue to be a customer of theirs in the future. But more importantly, of giving many other keyboardists - 50% to be more precise - the opportunity to play a totl Yammie arranger some day with more than just 61 keys. >> But, my friends, it is becoming very apparent that will probably NEVER happen unless we hit them where it hurts most - in their bottom line.

I'm not doing it out of spite mind you, I'm doing it out of conscience and principle, and because of Yamaha's continual neglect and thumbing its corporate nose at 50% of keyboard consumers that require, need, and want more than a measly 61 keys. Yamaha continues to do so in spite of the evidence and facts to the contrary and flies in the face of their stubbornness and, yes.. their corporate greed in my opinion. In other words, they are thinking only of themselves in my humble opinion, instead of the needs of consumers.

Forgive my zealous passion and rant but when I really feel strong about something I tend to wear it on my sleeve and shout it from the rooftops.

>> Uh oh.. I can see the flaming arrows pointed at me right now. Flame away if you feel you must... Unlike Yamaha, I'm sure I can take the heat, and through it all become a better person in the process.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-23-2008).]

#240593 - 08/23/08 08:52 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Mike, no flaming arrows here!! Very well stated post. I echo your feelings on the Tyros.

#240594 - 08/23/08 09:04 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Can't wait to get my demo Tyros3...looks cool enough...sliders look to be just the right size and are centrally located...perfect.

Nice to see the inc/dec buttons were kept...nice to have a choice...sliders look nice and wide and will be easy to grasp.

Looks like it will be another winner for Yamaha...I have been swamped with queries on it...a lot of T1 owners and more than a few T2 as well.

The new organ sound is terrific...rotary is excellent to my ears...I hope they added a SA Harmonica and SA Violin.

Ian

#240595 - 08/23/08 09:41 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bottom line for me is whether the drums sound better to me. All the other stuff is fine by me, but it has to SOUND like I want it to.
Won't know until I hear one in person, and won't theorize about the features, button, sliders or sound until I put my hands on one.
DonM

#240596 - 08/23/08 09:49 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Bottom line for me is I CANNOT play piano on a 61.

I use my arranger for FAR more than just simple LH chords, RH solo stuff, and prefer to have straight ahead piano and let the Piano Mode derive the chords when I'm playing in solo arranger style. Sure, RH solo LH chords for solos, but comping I prefer to play piano. So, unless Yamaha come out with a 76, I can't gig with it.

I'm tempted to add an S900 to the studio rig, primarily for those guitars and SA voices, but I can't see myself gigging with one...

#240597 - 08/24/08 09:07 AM Re: Official Tyros 3 pictures and Pakefield Festival program
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Bottom line for me is whether the drums sound better to me. All the other stuff is fine by me, but it has to SOUND like I want it to.
Won't know until I hear one in person, and won't theorize about the features, button, sliders or sound until I put my hands on one.
DonM

Dito exactly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online