SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240505 - 08/22/08 02:36 PM Re: Anyone unhappy with their PA800/PA2X?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I just wish I could get payed enough to play gigs SO small that the onboard speakers were any factor in the sound the audience hears...

To be honest, no internal speakers provide me with the depth and clarity of a decent set of nearfield monitors, yet alone a real PA, and I'm sitting in front of the damn thing! How is my audience supposed to get up and move on a sound system that barely tops 30 watts, and is run through three inch speakers (and only two of them!).

Jeez, my boom box gets louder and cleaner than any internal speakers I've ever heard!

#240506 - 08/22/08 02:37 PM Re: Anyone unhappy with their PA800/PA2X?
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Zuki:

Email me, I just got the PA500, and also have the PA800, besides the T2, S900, SD5.
I have to clear some area in my apartment, so, I am going to let go the PA800, I do not sing, so, I have no need for the TC Helicon harmonizer, and as far goes sounds, I can live with the PA500s.

manuelphoenix@yahoo.com or manuelphx1@aol.com

------------------
mdorantes

#240507 - 08/22/08 02:52 PM Re: Anyone unhappy with their PA800/PA2X?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I just wish I could get payed enough to play gigs SO small that the onboard speakers were any factor in the sound the audience hears...

To be honest, no internal speakers provide me with the depth and clarity of a decent set of nearfield monitors, yet alone a real PA, and I'm sitting in front of the damn thing! How is my audience supposed to get up and move on a sound system that barely tops 30 watts, and is run through three inch speakers (and only two of them!).

Jeez, my boom box gets louder and cleaner than any internal speakers I've ever heard!

Same here. No way I'd play them at a function. But they are convenient in a pinch.

BTW, just got my new Mackie 8 monitors - they are HUGE....the studio is forthcoming

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#240508 - 08/22/08 02:53 PM Re: Anyone unhappy with their PA800/PA2X?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
Hi Zuki:

Email me, I just got the PA500, and also have the PA800, besides the T2, S900, SD5.
I have to clear some area in my apartment, so, I am going to let go the PA800, I do not sing, so, I have no need for the TC Helicon harmonizer, and as far goes sounds, I can live with the PA500s.

manuelphoenix@yahoo.com or manuelphx1@aol.com

You have mail

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#240509 - 08/22/08 06:20 PM Re: Anyone unhappy with their PA800/PA2X?
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I never say "Never" , when it comes to arranger KB's but I am really content and happy with the PA2Xpro!!! There is nothing else that I have owned that is better and I have had all that is presently on the market right now. The on board speakers would never affect my decision for purchasing an arranger KB. I love the 76 keys and better keybed. I have recently purchased a Yorkville K1 KB amp. As a 30lb. personal wedge monitor it is awesome!!! I know some folks want to carry as little as possible, and I understand that. To each his own as they say.

#240510 - 08/22/08 07:05 PM Re: Anyone unhappy with their PA800/PA2X?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

I weened myself off Onboard speakers also.....no problem without them, in fact I like it better on stage for me.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online