#240306 - 08/19/08 06:11 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Dnj Offline

Technology cost money....
Its cheaper then a Wersi

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-19-2008).]

#240307 - 08/19/08 06:31 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Your right, but I sure that it sounds better then a Wersi........

It's too bad, with the weak dollar vs the Euro a $3,800 euro keyboard will now cost over $5000 US. Which will make the keyboard a hard sell in these ruff times. I'm sure it will sound great once they fix the bugs, but $5,600 plus tax will bring you over $6,000. Thats way over my budget, the most I spent on a ketron was the SD1 at $3000 some 5-6 years ago.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 08-19-2008).]

#240308 - 08/19/08 07:10 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
From that site:

"This is a special order item and is non-cancelable or returnable. "

I guess that's because they can't get the cork back into the champaign-bottle once they started celebrating the sales of that thing to yet another too-loaded customer :-)

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#240309 - 08/19/08 08:03 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Lucky2Bhere Offline

Does anyone know the weight and dimensions of this monster? If I'm correct, it's not a unit that you carry under your arm and go from job to job? I'm suspecting you will need a separate Rock and Roll cart just for the keyboard itself?

Also, I notice the modulation wheels are not conveniently located (for me at least). I do a lot of pitch bending and I think I would end up with Tennis Elbow. The older keyboards had wheels at the extreme left end of the keyboard where you could hang your hand over the side.

I've been playing the waiting game for a couple of years now to see what the Ketron merchandise lineup would default to. If I'd have know all this would be happening with the Audya(delayed release date, exchange rate going up, no demo units in the stores, size and weiight) I'd have bought myself an SD5 when they first came out for much less than it's going to cost me now.

So...what does someone think? Too big to be carrying around? More for the recording studio?

Lucky

[This message has been edited by Lucky2Bhere (edited 08-19-2008).]

#240310 - 08/19/08 08:10 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I'm guessing around the same size and weight of the SD1. Not sure of the specs. but it will be pretty close.

It will be a pain to lug around. I had an SD5 and I got rid of it because of the weight.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 08-19-2008).]

#240311 - 08/19/08 10:00 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany

#240312 - 08/19/08 01:11 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Hmm... It's interesting that B&H says it will be in their store in a week or two. It's also surprising that Ketron is shipping this puppy supposedly really soon and yet they were unable to keep an Audya keyboard engagement demonstrating the Audya to the public just recently. I assume they couldn't attend because the Audya was NOT functioning properly (bugs, etc.) at the time, and they had to cancel the engagement accordingly. Maybe they have the bugs finally worked out on the Audya but if B&H's "no refund, no cancellation" is any indication, it tells me at least, that something smells mighty fishy in Audyaland.. >> Care to be a $5,500.00 beta tester anyone?? Oh, and don't forget to add the tax to the equation too.

If somebody is willing to make the leap and get one.. PLEASE!! - let us know how it works out. Although if it doesn't work out you realize of course you're out about 6 G notes...

You could try to resell it I suppose.. but you may be looking at a significant loss of course...
Sorry...

Best,
Mike

#240313 - 08/19/08 01:22 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Lighter than a Pa2X, and I have found that pretty manageable.

Love the 2 mic inputs, hope at least one of them is phantom power.

Graham

#240314 - 08/19/08 02:05 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
'No refund, no cancel' sounds like something FAR more fishy in B&H-land that Audya-land...

It wouldn't be the first time a store offered a product for sale they had NO IDEA when it was coming out (other than a few vague promises by the marketing department of the manufacturer, who lie in their sleep out of habit!).

But they would SURE like you suckers to pony up the money in advance

You know, just in case it ever gets shipped (or not ). No return, no cancellation, no money back. Got something ELSE worth $5500 we can sell you? Because we already GOT your money, sucka

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-19-2008).]

#240315 - 08/19/08 02:53 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've bought several items from B&H Photo. They have always been exactly as advertised.
Don't know about the Audya, and I don't think anyone else does until they are available.
DonM

#240316 - 08/19/08 03:16 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
All the dealers in Europe that sell ketron, show the shipping date of Audya as the 1st week in September.
So I think there is a good chance it will be released this time.

Bill

#240317 - 08/19/08 04:44 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

OK, Donny... start your engines

Better make it a hell of a good review if you want to sell it afterwards, though... You can tell us the REAL truth after Fran buys it from you

#240318 - 08/20/08 03:02 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
'No refund, no cancel' sounds like something FAR more fishy in B&H-land that Audya-land...

It wouldn't be the first time a store offered a product for sale they had NO IDEA when it was coming out (other than a few vague promises by the marketing department of the manufacturer, who lie in their sleep out of habit!).

You know, just in case it ever gets shipped (or not ). No return, no cancellation, no money back. Got something ELSE worth $5500 we can sell you? Because we already GOT your money, sucka

What's the problem? All you have to do is hear the MP3 demos of the Audya and if you're happy with those you should have no trouble plopping down $5500. After all who needs to actually play an instrument in person to know it's right for them?

All things aside... B&H has this policy in place because the dealer markup on these instruments isn't spectacular and they aren't about to eat a $5500 instrument simply because you wanted to see what it was like. You'd be surprised how many people use return policies to only use an instrument but never really wanting to own it.

I've seen many people buy high end gear to use on a recording session or gig only to return it after they were done using it for their intended purpose. They never had any intention of actually owning it, only to use it as a free rental. Sad but true. There are many unscrupulous people out there that will try to get anything they can for free.

FWIW... B&H is a very reputable store and I'm sure that if you were a regular client of theirs they would make an exception for you.

#240319 - 08/20/08 04:04 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Where is the difference?? Seem also that USA manufacture use the same policies...
http://www.openlabs.com/contact-support.html
Support is not provided for modifications to hardware/software by the user and in some cases may void the warranty.

Additional telephone tech support can be purchased at $49.99 per incident (without Internet connections - $79.99) by calling 512-444-6222 or an annual Open Labs Technical Support Plan is available.
http://www.openlabs.com/Policies.html
All Sales Are Final
In the case that your product is defective and still under factory warranty, we will repair or exchange the product at our discretion for an exact match only, you may not switch to a different item and a refund will not be given.
http://www.openlabs.com/warranty.html

read all well....
I think we have to use this same Policies too..
enjoy what you play..

#240320 - 08/20/08 11:43 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

Doesn't bode very well for the industry here does it...?

High ticket items like this are special order only, no refund, so the only way to try one is to buy one, and no return. That's a brave man willing to ponk down $5500 for something completely unplayed. Sure, maybe the demos will rock, but at least there's one buyer that will buy one evn if the demos DO suck. Perhaps the industry thinks we are ALL this gullible?

Thank you, Ensnareyou for your razor-like wit, but once again, you miss the point entirely. I have NEVER bought anything on the demos alone (read that again if you are confused) . I merely point out I wouldn't even drive across town, yet alone cross country, to hear something the demos fail to impress me (or actually repulse me). Once they impress me, THEN I go and play it extensively before I decide to purchase... (but nice try! Once again, I suggest re-reading a thread before you come up with absurdities like that )

You must be a busy man, driving everywhere just to play keyboards that you hate the demos of... How many of them have you bought, again?

#240321 - 08/20/08 12:09 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/Ketron-Audya-76Key-Workstation.html

MUSICIANSBUY.COM

"KETRON AUDYA WORKSTATION

Sale Price:$TBA

This new product will ship in mid January 2009.

We are taking pre-orders for this very popular product as it will be in short supply initially. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship it to you and you may cancel your order at any time before it is shipped."

#240322 - 08/20/08 12:19 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

Take that, B&H..!

#240323 - 08/22/08 04:29 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
So where is Ajay? He has been missing in action for a while now. I would think he would be here marketing the Audya since it's on the eve of the release date.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#240324 - 08/22/08 08:48 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
So where is Ajay? He has been missing in action for a while now. I would think he would be here marketing the Audya since it's on the eve of the release date.

That's the point Al. It ain't shipping soon i.e. not until January '09 so AJ has no pressing need to be on top of it concerning the Audya.

Shucks! I was hoping it wouldn't ship until March '09 so Ketron could have at least ONE MORE opportunity to showcase the Audya at Musikmesse before it actually shipped..

No other keyboard manufacturer that I'm aware of has ever "NOT" shipped a product within a years time of announcing it except maybe Kurzweil with the PC3/X (but it wasn't much beyond that if it even was indeed a full year). If the Audya doesn't ship until March '09 (Hey, it could be March 2010 for all we know since Ketron's propensity to keep pushing the date forward.. ) - it will have been over TWO.. count 'em - "2" years since Ketron first announced the Audya before it will actually ship - hopefully.

PS: I wouldn't be surprised to find out that because of the Audya (which apparently has been a heartache and financial set back for Ketron with the enormous R&D and other costs associated with getting the kinks worked out and finally released to market) it will have essentially put such a financial strain on this smaller independent keyboard company that they end up on the chopping block and being sold or may be lead into bankruptcy for re-organization and quite possibly be another Technics in the making if they don't sell a 'literal' boat load of Audya's to recoup the financial costs. But at $5,500 do they REALLY REALLY expect to sell many of them at all??

To be fair the Korg Oasys was even MORE astronomically priced but it also brought a WHOLE HEAP MORE to the table than the Audya does too. Also it's worth mentioning that the Korg Oasys was NOT the hot seller that Korg anticipated it would be. I wonder why? Hmm.. Could it have been the price perhaps? No doubt that was a MAJOR factor eh?

>> The only redemption as I see it is "if" the Ketron Audya indeed "exceeds" ALL EXPECTATIONS thus ending up actually being worth the price paid for it. That's a BIG "IF" though of course.

Best,
Mike

#240325 - 08/22/08 09:00 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
keybplayer Offline

By the way...

The Audya that B&H is claiming to be in their store in a week or two could theoretically be the demo beta model Ketron has been toting around for the last two years or so and they simply replaced the outer casing to make it look brand new??? Highly unlikely but stranger things have happened I suppose. How else do you reconcile this "week or two" and/or January '09 ship date??? Hmm... fishy fishy fishy.. stinky fishy... lol

Best,
Mike

#240326 - 08/22/08 09:06 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Maybe Ketron is waiting for the Dollar to rise against the Euro so that the price differential will be more reasonable????

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#240327 - 08/22/08 09:27 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Dnj Offline

Maybe Ketron US distributing & B&H are connected

#240328 - 08/22/08 12:54 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I spoke with USA distributor today and was told December is likely arrival on the Audya.

As mentioned, the euro vs. us dollar value is the biggest problem with controlling the price point.

Dan O'

#240329 - 08/22/08 01:55 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
I live in Italy (Rimini), and my friend at his music shop told me he will have an Audya in september... So I'll be able to test it for some days when it will come...

Will I replace my G-70? Time will tell... by now I like Pa2X sound, mmm... only 3 fill-ins however.... but never had opportunity to test one extensively, and usually I buy a product only after deep testing it...

[This message has been edited by mrdave (edited 08-22-2008).]

#240330 - 08/22/08 06:32 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Quincy Jones and Michael Buble would have to deliver it and demo it and spend a week with me at my house for me to spend that kind of money on an arranger KB!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online