SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#240313 - 08/19/08 01:22 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Lighter than a Pa2X, and I have found that pretty manageable.

Love the 2 mic inputs, hope at least one of them is phantom power.

Graham

#240314 - 08/19/08 02:05 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
'No refund, no cancel' sounds like something FAR more fishy in B&H-land that Audya-land...

It wouldn't be the first time a store offered a product for sale they had NO IDEA when it was coming out (other than a few vague promises by the marketing department of the manufacturer, who lie in their sleep out of habit!).

But they would SURE like you suckers to pony up the money in advance

You know, just in case it ever gets shipped (or not ). No return, no cancellation, no money back. Got something ELSE worth $5500 we can sell you? Because we already GOT your money, sucka

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-19-2008).]

#240315 - 08/19/08 02:53 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've bought several items from B&H Photo. They have always been exactly as advertised.
Don't know about the Audya, and I don't think anyone else does until they are available.
DonM

#240316 - 08/19/08 03:16 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
All the dealers in Europe that sell ketron, show the shipping date of Audya as the 1st week in September.
So I think there is a good chance it will be released this time.

Bill

#240317 - 08/19/08 04:44 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

OK, Donny... start your engines

Better make it a hell of a good review if you want to sell it afterwards, though... You can tell us the REAL truth after Fran buys it from you

#240318 - 08/20/08 03:02 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
'No refund, no cancel' sounds like something FAR more fishy in B&H-land that Audya-land...

It wouldn't be the first time a store offered a product for sale they had NO IDEA when it was coming out (other than a few vague promises by the marketing department of the manufacturer, who lie in their sleep out of habit!).

You know, just in case it ever gets shipped (or not ). No return, no cancellation, no money back. Got something ELSE worth $5500 we can sell you? Because we already GOT your money, sucka

What's the problem? All you have to do is hear the MP3 demos of the Audya and if you're happy with those you should have no trouble plopping down $5500. After all who needs to actually play an instrument in person to know it's right for them?

All things aside... B&H has this policy in place because the dealer markup on these instruments isn't spectacular and they aren't about to eat a $5500 instrument simply because you wanted to see what it was like. You'd be surprised how many people use return policies to only use an instrument but never really wanting to own it.

I've seen many people buy high end gear to use on a recording session or gig only to return it after they were done using it for their intended purpose. They never had any intention of actually owning it, only to use it as a free rental. Sad but true. There are many unscrupulous people out there that will try to get anything they can for free.

FWIW... B&H is a very reputable store and I'm sure that if you were a regular client of theirs they would make an exception for you.

#240319 - 08/20/08 04:04 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Where is the difference?? Seem also that USA manufacture use the same policies...
http://www.openlabs.com/contact-support.html
Support is not provided for modifications to hardware/software by the user and in some cases may void the warranty.

Additional telephone tech support can be purchased at $49.99 per incident (without Internet connections - $79.99) by calling 512-444-6222 or an annual Open Labs Technical Support Plan is available.
http://www.openlabs.com/Policies.html
All Sales Are Final
In the case that your product is defective and still under factory warranty, we will repair or exchange the product at our discretion for an exact match only, you may not switch to a different item and a refund will not be given.
http://www.openlabs.com/warranty.html

read all well....
I think we have to use this same Policies too..
enjoy what you play..

#240320 - 08/20/08 11:43 AM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

Doesn't bode very well for the industry here does it...?

High ticket items like this are special order only, no refund, so the only way to try one is to buy one, and no return. That's a brave man willing to ponk down $5500 for something completely unplayed. Sure, maybe the demos will rock, but at least there's one buyer that will buy one evn if the demos DO suck. Perhaps the industry thinks we are ALL this gullible?

Thank you, Ensnareyou for your razor-like wit, but once again, you miss the point entirely. I have NEVER bought anything on the demos alone (read that again if you are confused) . I merely point out I wouldn't even drive across town, yet alone cross country, to hear something the demos fail to impress me (or actually repulse me). Once they impress me, THEN I go and play it extensively before I decide to purchase... (but nice try! Once again, I suggest re-reading a thread before you come up with absurdities like that )

You must be a busy man, driving everywhere just to play keyboards that you hate the demos of... How many of them have you bought, again?

#240321 - 08/20/08 12:09 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/Ketron-Audya-76Key-Workstation.html

MUSICIANSBUY.COM

"KETRON AUDYA WORKSTATION

Sale Price:$TBA

This new product will ship in mid January 2009.

We are taking pre-orders for this very popular product as it will be in short supply initially. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship it to you and you may cancel your order at any time before it is shipped."

#240322 - 08/20/08 12:19 PM Re: Ketron Audya Pricing
Diki Offline

Take that, B&H..!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online