SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240295 - 08/19/08 01:32 PM Re: Need some advice
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The touch may indeed be able to get used to, but how on earth do you get used to the extra 15 notes (over an octave!) being missing..?

Do you play two handed piano, or is it just with the right? I find myself, on 61 note keyboards, CONSTANTLY needing to go either higher or lower than the 61 allows me

76 is bad enough, but usable (barely), but if you really are a pianist, 61 ought to drive you bonkers

#240296 - 08/19/08 01:41 PM Re: Need some advice
Weiser Offline

Loc: Eau Claire, WI
I can handle 76 ok. Anything less does not work unless you use it as a controller. I do have a Yamaha Clav. It has a midi jack. I also have a midi to usb converter. I should be able to use this Clav as the "controller" for my (soon to arrive) G70. This way I have the full keyboard plus the real action.

#240297 - 08/19/08 02:14 PM Re: Need some advice
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Best of both worlds, Weisar...

Unless you got to lug the Clavinova around, I guess

Best thing about the G70 action, IMO? While it is shaped well enough, and weighty enough to be MUCH better than regular synth actions for playing the piano, they rounded off the key ends slightly (no fake ivory 'overhang' and sharp corners), and also made it perfect for playing organ parts, too (the overhangs grab your hands when doing organ 'smears').

There are next to no keybeds out there that sport this amazing ability.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online