Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#240168 - 08/17/08 06:49 AM Style Demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#240169 - 08/17/08 08:33 AM Re: Style Demos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Roughly comparable with the styles on my Roland E-20, circa 1988, I'd say.

#240170 - 08/17/08 01:09 PM Re: Style Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Pretty accurate description there, Seamaster...

I just don't get it, Bill. You keep posting this stuff as if it is supposed to impress someone, but I can't for the life of me think who that could be, unless it is someone that hasn't played or listened to a contemporary arranger for 15 years...!

Why not, before you post some more, go to the T2 demo pages, and if you think that any of these Wersi demos actually ARE any good, play a T2 version of it. NOW, does the Wersi sound any good?

Yes, those are very good quality D/A converters on it. Very punchy.. But all they are doing (IMO) is making the shortcomings of the sounds and styles more obvious than if they were of lower quality!

This is the 21st century. Has been for a while, now You can't keep sticking up demos of something that sounds 20 years old or more, and expect much respect for what is, 'technically' a really good arranger. The bar has been raised, and quite considerably, since styles like this, and sounds like this were anything close to cutting edge...

In all fairness, Bill, do these demos impress YOU? You don't make any commentary, just post them here for us to listen to. What, exactly, do you think of these? Do YOU think these are representative of the most expensive arranger in the world? And, if not, why post them with no comments?

#240171 - 08/17/08 02:41 PM Re: Style Demos
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Are these really their "current" styles? My goodness...., after listening to those style demos I just want to say "Yay Casio!!!!!", because honestly...., I've heard some Casio styles that sound more modern than those.

Sorry Bill, but I can't see how these styles can even come REMOTELY CLOSE to the big 3 makers. Geeez.., I've heard better styles on teh PSR-S500. Wersi needs to get a clue. The year is 2008 and not 1988. Man I'm just shocked that this is the quality of styles you get considering how much these things cost.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240172 - 08/17/08 03:14 PM Re: Style Demos
abacus Offline

OAS styles are primarily organ styles, if you want arranger styles you will need to add the OAA (Open Art Arranger) software. (In case you are wondering 99.9% of OAA users don’t use Yamaha styles, (Even though it can play them) preferring the OAA styles)
Coming from an organ background I also have never personally been impressed with the Yamaha styles. (When you listen to live groups and bands regularly like I do, Yamaha styles just don’t cut it)

Bill

#240173 - 08/17/08 03:21 PM Re: Style Demos
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Styles are one thing, but come on man.., styles aint jack if the sounds are just plain weak. You could have the best style creators on your team, but you damn well need the sounds to back them up. I have yet to hear any Wersi demos posted (showcasing preset voices and styles) that come close to the top 3. Sorry man but IMO Wersi is stuck in the past.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240174 - 08/17/08 03:28 PM Re: Style Demos
abacus Offline

#240175 - 08/17/08 04:26 PM Re: Style Demos
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I dont know what to say. Is this the latest OS for Wersi ?

#240176 - 08/17/08 08:42 PM Re: Style Demos
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Coming from an organ background I also have never personally been impressed with the Yamaha styles. (When you listen to live groups and bands regularly like I do, Yamaha styles just don’t cut it)

Bill

And, in all honesty, are you trying to tell me that these styles and sounds DO cut it?? You are kidding, aren't you? Don't tell me you would give any of these styles the time of day..! They certainly, IMO, sound WAY less like a live band than the Yamaha T2, G70 or PA2Xpro.

I'm sorry, but if this is your idea of good styles, I think we have little in common, musically. I fail to sense ANY 'live band' feel from any of those demos.

Maybe Wersi regulars prefer those stiff, dated styles to modern ones simply because that is what they have got used to for the last twenty years... Unfortunately, the rest of the world has moved on, and Wersi need to voice and style their arrangers to compete, or, as they appear to be doing anyway, they run the risk of complete financial failure.

That skating rink demographic isn't exactly growing by leaps and bounds, you know!

#240177 - 08/18/08 11:34 AM Re: Style Demos
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
OAS styles are primarily organ styles, if you want arranger styles you will need to add the OAA (Open Art Arranger) software.

Ah, old habits die hard for Wersi.

"Ja, ja, ve know you paid thousands for ze instrument but, that's extra..."

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online