SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#240143 - 08/16/08 06:19 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
............I wonder if the kazoo will sound like the metal kind or the ones I made out of a comb and waxpaper as a kid. Good golly...............maybe it will have both!!!!!!! -charley

#240144 - 08/16/08 07:22 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I will be very upset if it has the same plastic drums.

#240145 - 08/17/08 10:49 AM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:

"It's the "Same old S***) just a different day."

You're right Tom. Same old 'Suit' just a different model number i.e. "3" instead of 2 or 1.

Now to be honest, having listened to the T3 demos again in a real quiet environment, I have re-evaluated my opinion of the Guitar and AC Piano demos and give them a general (not an enthusiastic, just a general) thumbs up. We have to remember though that these demos, as member "Ensnareyou" previously pointed out, were done most likely on Cubase 4 by Yamaha sequence programming experts, thus providing nuances and realism quite possibly NOT attainable by a real live person actually playing the keyboard. OTOH I could be wrong and the 'quality' i.e. (every nuance and tonal reproduction) on the demos might be able to be replicated on the keys themselves. Time will tell all but the 'general' rule of thumb is the factory demos apply methods of sound reproduction that are generally NOT fully available to the person playing the keyboard live i.e. "apart from a computer and a sophisticated Sequencer like e.g. - Cubase 4, Sonar, etc. Plus the ultra expensive and pristine recording hardware Yamaha has at its disposal used to record the demos."

Regarding the Drums, even though Yamaha is claiming the Drums are all "new", nowhere have they stated that they are "much improved" or even "improved" at all, over the Tyros2. Given the fact that the four demos we have so far on the T3 don't showcase these supposedly "new" Drums in a demonstrable way seems to suggest that Yamaha is trying to keep them "out of sight out of mind" of the public, perhaps because of their less than stellar nature?

PS: When I said a while back that I would be the first in line to buy a T3 if it indeed had 76 keys, I should have predicated my statement with "all things considered". In other words, = IF it had 'excellent' drum kits, IF it had a 'real' Sampler, IF it had a 'decent' Vocalizer, IF the majority of sounds were indeed up to snuff, etc., etc., etc. >> But since we know for certain that the T3 will only be made in the 61 key variety it will unfortunately not make it on to my next arranger short list anyway. And we can all thank Yamaha for that obvious missed opportunity and, in my opinion, error in judgement - to the roughly 50% of arranger players out there who would rather have a 76 key (or better) solution available to them and will have to look elsewhere for their totl arranger keyboard playing needs. I'm sure Yamaha is tickled pink about that prospect too, since they obviously showed no willingness to meet that viable market segment with a 76 key option.

Best,
Mike

#240146 - 08/17/08 12:05 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
It doesn't matter to the Yammie fans that it's the same old toy vocalizer and crappy drums.

Surely they wouldn't try to get away with that a 3rd time ? Would they ?

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 08-17-2008).]

#240147 - 08/17/08 02:18 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
It simple beats me why anyone would think that ANY of the arranger manufacturers are going to move wholesale away from the position they are in now...

The T3 will be VERY similar to the T2. Any new Roland will be VERY similar to the E80. The PA2X Pro is VERY similar to the PA1Xpro... OK, the Audya MIGHT be a radical departure from the SD-1, but I doubt it. It's probably the SD-1 OS with some new stuff tacked on.

The way it goes is, unless the company is tanking in a bad way, completely redesigning and revamping the whole thing is going to alienate all the users that already love the current model, and be a toss-up whether it flies with new users. Those aren't good odds, IMO...

So, while most of make noise about wanting radically different stuff, truth is, we will probably spend more time whining about whatever our favorite feature that has been dropped was, than praising the new stuff! So, model changes tend to be incremental, no matter how hard we press them... They know us better than we know ourselves, I think

The only area I tend to disagree with is Yamaha's unwillingness to even TRY a 76. Most of us that express an interest in one of these are NOT asking that Yamaha drop the 61 S900's or T2's. We simply want them to ADD to the lineup, so no disruption to those that are already more than happy with the way things already are... It's frightening how defensive some members here get at the thought of a 76 Yamaha, but if it doesn't change their options at all, why are they so adamant that Yamaha not even TRY this segment of the market? It wouldn't affect them in the slightest. Dog in a manger, I guess...

But, whatever... I guess we shouldn't expect any kind of change at all, especially as how every manufacturer is going out of their way to keep things as close as possible to where they are now...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-17-2008).]

#240148 - 08/17/08 02:47 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki, to be honest I think Yamaha's position on the 76er is in the ground. They tried it with the 9000 Pro, and boy oh boy I'm sure many remember the problems with that model and how fast the support dropped for it.

I think Yamaha is comfortable where they are... It would be great if they made a pro 76 arranger. Hell they do it with their pro synth line.., I can't see why they don't do it with the pro arranger line. The Tyros OS is stable..., it's just simply adding a few keys, but they won't budge.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240149 - 08/17/08 02:54 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Posted by Diki
Any new Roland will be VERY similar to the E80

Don’t bank on it

Bill

#240150 - 08/17/08 03:01 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I can't imagine a board meeting where a potential market is deliberately ignored, simply because they failed at it once before with a COMPLETELY different type of attack..

The 9000Pro was a disaster even in a 61 form. It's failure was due entirely to the OS and hardware, and had NOTHING whatsoever to do with the number of keys on the damn thing..

If Yamaha can't se beyond this obvious fact, it is certainly cause to doubt their so-called intelligence!

All I'm asking for is a 76 version of what is already a best seller... I don't want a 'Pro' keyboard from Yamaha with vast changes from the T2 or S900. Far too much opportunity for them to screw it up, like they did before (they obviously have no idea what a 'pro' arranger is!)..! I simply want a 76 S900, at maybe just over the $2000 mark (maybe $500 more than the 61) with absolutely nothing else changed. All they would have to do is put the exact same electronics in a larger case with a cheap 76 action (hard to expect a good one from Yamaha at that price, even if their competition somehow manages it ).

This is as easy as it gets... Yamaha could easily do this with only a fraction of the costs of developing an entirely new 'pro' arranger, which is what they tried with the 9000Pro. So, they would not even be repeating the same mistake. A 76 of an existing arranger is a totally different thing than a ground-up brand new untested arranger.

I simply don't understand why so few see it this way, and are constantly trotting out the poor old 9000Pro as some kind of 'reason' they don't produce this keyboard...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-17-2008).]

#240151 - 08/17/08 03:16 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
squeak_D Offline

Diki, many of us do see the logic in it and know there is no rocket science behind them just adding a few keys. Look at it like this. One thing that ALWAYS comes up with Yamaha keyboards and the players is the issue of weight. Hell some are to the point that the PSR-S900 is their weight limit. I think Yamaha should make a 76er, but man could you imagine all the bitching about weight.... The issue of weight (for some odd reason) has always been more of an issue for pro arranger players than pro synth player. People are lugging around Motif XS-8's everyday to mulitple gigs, and lugging around the 76 keys synths too....., but for some reason (in general) arranger players want much lighter boards.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#240152 - 08/17/08 03:30 PM Re: Tyros 3 - Here we go again SOS
squeak_D Offline

Diki,
I couldn't help it...., I had to post this Yamaha Blast From The Past. Check out the sound demos.....
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,,CNTID%25253D2205%252526CTID%25253D,00.html#

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online