SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#240010 - 08/15/08 02:36 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
That's really thoughtful and generous of you Russ, but to tell you the truth, I pretty much ruled out the little MotionSound. The reason was: one more thing to hook up and it didn't represent a TOTAL solution. The other thing is that I feel as though I can live with the on-board sim if played through a good speaker system. I think the problem I'm having with the sound is not so much the speaker but the absence of a tube in the amp (warmth). You just can't get that 'down in the dirt' growl without a tube and some wood in the cabinet (but I won't stop trying ).

If you do make it to Atlanta, though, let me know. We usually play Friday or Saturday, but rarely both unless a holiday week-end. Our guitar player is insane (as in 'really good'). It's always good to have one great player to 'carry' the other slugs in the group .

chas

#240011 - 08/16/08 01:15 PM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I'm a tube freak also. I use an ART tube pre-amp to get that sound. they're relatively inexpensive and work great. I use mine mainly for guitar into a PA. Also have a lot of luck with a SansAmp. Give them a try.

I'll get to Atlanta, but it will be during the week. Only week-end i take off is Friday night during the Summer NAMM.

Be well!

Russ

#318041 - 03/02/11 01:17 AM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
I think the problem I'm having with the sound is not so much the speaker but the absence of a tube in the amp (warmth). You just can't get that 'down in the dirt' growl without a tube and some wood in the cabinet
chas

But I am guessing if you use a Traynor K4 you are running it through the tube preamp. I always use my K4 in tube preamp mode. That was one of the K4 features that convinced me to buy one. I pretty much always use the tube preamp as I think it sounds more agressive playing with a rock band.

#318045 - 03/02/11 06:09 AM Re: ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz [Re: cgiles]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'll be in Peachtree City and can jump on MARTA and check ya out on a Friday or Saturday

Anyway..what do you really think of the Governor of Wisconsin?
instigating controversy
rolleyes

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online