SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#239920 - 08/16/08 01:55 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Scott
Thank you for your time and trouble. Great job. What programs do I need to duplicate what you did.

#239921 - 08/16/08 11:20 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I would also be interested to know how you did it.
thanks

#239922 - 08/20/08 01:17 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
If it's already in pdf format I bring it up in Adobe reader and use the snapshot tool. I put a box around just the music I want and get rid of any extra margins.

I then paste it in Microsoft Office Publisher and decrease it's size (in most cases, or increase it if needed which means a lesser quality reproduction sometimes) to fit the template from left to right. I then just stretch it down from about what looks like an inch on the template to all the way down to the bottom of the template, depending on how it ends up looking.

I then print it using PDF Creator, a free pdf tool. This saves it as a pdf file. If it's more than 2 pages, I use PDF Split & Merge, another free program which does just as the title suggests. In this case I'd merge the 2 pages.

If I scan a sheet of music, I do it at 300 dpi grayscale. I do it by going through Microsoft Office Publisher, Insert>Picture>Scanner. It will be processed and show up in Office Publisher in an oversized format. I then size it as stated above.

I am sure that if you don't have Microsoft Publisher that there are free programs that will do the same thing that you could find at cnet.com or sourceforge.com.

There are other programs you can use to annotate and other things, all of them free.

Hope this helps.

Scott

P.S. Bernie, I notiece how clear your original was you sent me. I wonder if you could tell us how you get it looking this clear and good.

Thanx

#239923 - 08/20/08 02:02 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
Bernie9 Offline

I just scan it in my Brothers 7820N laser 3-in-1 in PDF AT 300 dpi true gray. It appears what I'm lacking, is the ability to print in modified form. I will look into c'net etc. The reason I have to print it, is because I have to scan the stretched version for tranfer to my Music Pad Pro.

#239924 - 08/20/08 02:10 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
The reason I have to print it, is because I have to scan the stretched version for tranfer to my Music Pad Pro.

I'm not sure if I'm following this, but if I understand what you're saying, the PDF Creator that I mentioned will print off of almost any program that you can print on a piece of paper, but with the PDF Creator, and you use the print function, it will turn whatever you have into a pdf which as I understand it can be easily converted to MusicPad Pro. If you actually print it on paper and scan it and then convert to MMP you will probably not get a very clear copy.

#239925 - 08/20/08 06:27 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
Bernie9 Offline

Sorry Scott, I was not very clear. My scanner/printer is set up to scan any doc into PDF format and into a PDF file. These files are then tranferred to my MPP. Sometimes, the print is too small for these old eyes, and I wish to reconfigure the piece so I can rescan and enlarge. Let's say it is 5 measures wide and 6 measures long. The width is aleady to the margins, but if I narrow to 3 or 4 measures wide, I can lengthen it, and then enlarge.

Nothing has to be converted except for MPP converting the PDF into it's format.

#239926 - 08/20/08 07:43 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Bernie,

Have you tried for assistance at the Freehand forum? Their tech people monitor the site and may be able to help with your MPP question.

Here's the link:
http://www.freehandsystems.com/phpBB2/

UPDATE, I just went to the site and see you have posted the question there.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 08-20-2008).]

#239927 - 08/22/08 05:31 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Hi Scott,

I also have been following this post, & have done as you explained. I scanned a sheet of music (A4) by going through Microsoft Publisher & then expanded it to fill a blank page which i then saved as a PDF file by using "CutePDF Writer".

A lot of my music i use is written over 2 manuscript pages, which i need to view together.

1. Will a program like "PDF Split & Merge" allow me to view the 2 pages of music side by side on the screen ?

2. I have downloaded "PDF Split & Merge" & saved it to a folder in My Documents. I now find that i have 15 ZIP files for this program.

3. Where do i go from here ?

4. "CutePDF" also have Split & Merge capabilities available in Their "Pro" program for $--. Would this be a simpler & more convinent way to go ?

Thanking You,

Yours in Music
Alan

#239928 - 08/22/08 06:30 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I use Gios PDF Splitter and Merger from http://www.paologios.com/ a free open source program and very simple to use

#239929 - 08/23/08 02:03 AM Re: OT Resizing Fake Book Scans
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Have anybody noticed my "Music Book Viewer" software at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/pdfviewer/index.htm

Displays pdf files at the computer screen. Is fully controllable from a numeric key pad - and the normal computer keyboard as well.

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online