SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#239804 - 08/11/08 05:21 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Tony

I agree Technics had a lot of good things in certain areas and fell behind in others.

I used to have a KN1000 which I sold to my father in law in case I wanted it back. He want's to keep it though. Anyway, there were some sounds on there that were very outstanding. The clarinet, the Lionel Hampton sounding vibes, and many other solo voices were great. They were not a clean sound. Kind of dirty actually, but it made them sound like the real thing pretty much.

I hope Yamaha has upraded the vibes sound to sound as good as the old KN1000 instead of that thin sound they are noted for, to me on that instrument.

To me, just like when I played a lot of trumpet, it was all in the tone. If you had the right tone and could do something with those notes using different inflections you had something. I approach keyboards the same way. Feeling used with inflection will beat out technique every time, to me. It will not make up for no technique, but the two combined is what makes it IMHO.

How often I've heard excellent piano players play an arranger keyboard and then they swith to a horn, horn section or guitar and they play it with the exact same touch and licks as piano being totally out of charachter of the other sounds.

The right sound will inspire you to greater heights in playing.

#239805 - 08/11/08 10:19 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
How on earth can this demo possibly be showcasing a new style? The piano never repeats a phrase, and the bass line does all those walks to the upcoming chords.

#239806 - 08/12/08 12:16 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
How on earth can this demo possibly be showcasing a new style? The piano never repeats a phrase, and the bass line does all those walks to the upcoming chords.

Nobody said it was a style-demo. It's more a demo of new sounds.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#239807 - 08/12/08 02:51 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Beakybird Offline

I haven't A/B'd it, but the background on the demo sounds exactly like 20sSwing78rpm available at the www.yamahamusicsoft.com website.

Beakybird

#239808 - 08/12/08 03:22 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:

Hmmmmm? maybe this is part of what Tyros 3 can do stylewise for more realism ?

#239809 - 08/12/08 04:30 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I certainly hope Yamaha didn't decide to incorporate the power on/off switch into the Volume control on the top left. I've always had trouble with those switches.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
So I would assume the T3 power button is on the rear panel.

Hype On

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#239810 - 08/12/08 05:45 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I certainly hope Yamaha didn't decide to incorporate the power on/off switch into the Volume control on the top left. I've always had trouble with those switches.

I heard a rumour that the T3 will be shipped with a "Dead Man's Bench". As soon as you stand up, the T3 switches off.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#239811 - 08/12/08 02:30 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I have heard the four Tyros3 demos and I am still most impressed by the guitar demo. I played it many times and every time I am really impressed how that guitar sounds. I am really getting very curious ....

#239812 - 08/12/08 02:55 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
I heard a rumour that the T3 will be shipped with a "Dead Man's Bench". As soon as you stand up, the T3 switches off.

But if the audience stands up (to dance!) it turns back on again?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online