SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#239794 - 08/10/08 07:24 PM New Tyros 3 demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
A new piece of the jigsaw puzzle. A dixieland clarinet along with a 78 RPM style including record crackle.haha

Now I think it's a done deal for me. Did a dixie tune last night and that clarinet on the Tyros 2 really sucks. Sounds like Acker Bilk with his foot caught in the door.
http://music-tyros.com/

Scott http://ScottLMusic.com

#239795 - 08/10/08 07:34 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Scott - that is indeed an amazing demo. Geez. I doubt that clarinet can be downloaded and played on the T2. But who knows, maybe even on the T3 it will be difficult to sound like the demo. Have to wait and see.

I was playing w/the 78RPM style for T2 the other night and the crackling is easily removed w/the mixer if desired.

Anybody talking about T3 prices yet for U.S.?

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#239796 - 08/10/08 07:57 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Dnj Offline

So I would assume the T3 power button is on the rear panel.

Hype On

#239797 - 08/11/08 02:30 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Hype On

There's been quite some debate on our Dutch forum as well about the way Yamaha "introduces" the Tyros 3. I think it's ridiculous. I mean, guys... it's a keyboard. Most T3-buyers will not even have discovered 60% of the capabilities of their "old" Tyros 2, and still they let the marketing machine of Yamaha reel them in and lure them into buying the latest model.

But I guess that's exactly why they have this "slowly revealing" site set up in the first place. If Yamaha would simply put the specs up and have a few MP3's to demo the thing, sales would be far less.

Hype on, indeed.

#239798 - 08/11/08 07:18 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Shows they are listening. I have always thought that the clarinet was so bad it was unusable as a solo instrument and always used flute or oboe instead. Pretty cool. As previously stated. Won't know if the same can be reproduced in realtime but given the other voices in the T2 I would expect that it would. Don't expect a download to T2. One, it doesn't get you to buy a T3 (Yamaha's goal, of course) and two, even if you could load time of samples is way to slow on the T2 to be usable for any normal gigging musician (can you wait several minutes for keyboard to boot up and confirm all is well and ready to do?).

#239799 - 08/11/08 07:39 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:

I am a regular performer in the Phoenix AZ area, 14-20+ jobs per month more or less, I use the T2, and of course I do NOT use the Clarinet Factory sound (among others), my T2 I have it loaded with TVN sounds that to MY ears are MUCH better that the built in sounds, and yes, my T2 takes about 4-5 minutes to booth up, because I also have to set up my PA system, I develop my own system, the first thing I plug in is the T2, turn it on, and then keep setting up the rest of the stuff, I also use a Korg PA800, so, by the time I finish the WHOLE set up, my T2 is ready and so am I to do my sound check, then just wait to start. The clarinet sound TVN I use, is different than the "new" one, but, is not to bad at all.
I have the habit to be in my job at least 1 1/2 hours BEFORE the job begins (for the last 39 years), and if I do have 2 or 3 jobs in one day, I make sure I have plenty of time.
By the way, the new T3 demo is also showcasing the New IDC 20's Swing 78RPM style.

#239800 - 08/11/08 11:19 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Anthony Johnson Offline

Loc: Sheffield Yorkshire England
Very nice clarinet!
Looks like Yamaha are now, finally catching up with the Technics KN6500 as regards the clarinet sound - Technics ownners have been playing a good clarinet for years.

T3 looks like being my next keyboard (simply because Technics have gone) but I had hoped that Yamaha would have moved to the top of the tree with the introduction of the T3 - good, but not earth shattering - it should have sounded like this 6 years ago.
Makes me wonder if Yamaha fans are a little over generous with their praises with the result that the big Y don't bother trying as hard as they might?
Not trying to upset anyone - just an honest appraisal.
Tony

#239801 - 08/11/08 03:40 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
It's better, but needless to say, Yamaha has NOT nailed it thus far. Something is missing and that something, in my opinion, is the 'substance' of the real instrument. It's like Yamaha is giving you the outer shell of the instruments sound (even though that sound, admittedly, is pretty good) but leaving out the most important part or aspect, which is the 'meat','grit', or perhaps more appropriately the 'substance' of the real thing. I agree though that it is MUCHO better than what is on the T2 or, for that matter, the T1. It's also nice to know that Yamaha is continually advancing their voice architecture; and hopefully one day to the point that you will not be able to distinguish, in Yamaha's case - a Voice, from that of the real thing. More than likely it will not be based on any sampled instrument sound but on a 'yet to be realized' software 'modeled' instrument sound i.e. Virtual Instrument (VSTi). Furthermore, I believe one day all of our keyboard instruments will be based on VSTi's (in other words software modeled sounds) instead of the current 'Sampled' based approach we now have in "most" of our keyboards currently on the market.

PS: It's about time Yamaha finally put up a decent demo for their new Flagship eh?..

Best,
Mike

#239802 - 08/11/08 04:20 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Terrific clarinet demo...awesome sound...very expressive...in my opinion, definitely the best clarinet on any arranger thus far.

Tyros3 will be a hit...no doubt about it.

Loved the Jazz Guitar demo as well as the new Grand Piano...even the Uilleann Pipes demo was spot on.

Can't wait to get my demo instrument...it will be a real treat.

Ian the Impressed

#239803 - 08/11/08 04:43 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yep, gotta give it up for the clarinet on this one...

For all those out there less than blown away, how about some URL's to demos of arranger clarinets you think sound better?

Once again, though, although you can criticize the basic tone of a patch (just as you can criticize one REAL clarinet player's tone over another - it's not as if they all sound the same, out there!), the SA technology NAILS how the instrument transitions from one note to the next, something that nothing else gets right. If you are into phrasing, rather than just playing notes...

The main thing I'm looking out for, in a new Tyros, is... can you use the SA voices as part of a style, yet? It seems to be a waste to have such incredible voices, but you can ONLY play them live...

#239804 - 08/11/08 05:21 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Tony

I agree Technics had a lot of good things in certain areas and fell behind in others.

I used to have a KN1000 which I sold to my father in law in case I wanted it back. He want's to keep it though. Anyway, there were some sounds on there that were very outstanding. The clarinet, the Lionel Hampton sounding vibes, and many other solo voices were great. They were not a clean sound. Kind of dirty actually, but it made them sound like the real thing pretty much.

I hope Yamaha has upraded the vibes sound to sound as good as the old KN1000 instead of that thin sound they are noted for, to me on that instrument.

To me, just like when I played a lot of trumpet, it was all in the tone. If you had the right tone and could do something with those notes using different inflections you had something. I approach keyboards the same way. Feeling used with inflection will beat out technique every time, to me. It will not make up for no technique, but the two combined is what makes it IMHO.

How often I've heard excellent piano players play an arranger keyboard and then they swith to a horn, horn section or guitar and they play it with the exact same touch and licks as piano being totally out of charachter of the other sounds.

The right sound will inspire you to greater heights in playing.

#239805 - 08/11/08 10:19 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
How on earth can this demo possibly be showcasing a new style? The piano never repeats a phrase, and the bass line does all those walks to the upcoming chords.

#239806 - 08/12/08 12:16 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Burkels Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
How on earth can this demo possibly be showcasing a new style? The piano never repeats a phrase, and the bass line does all those walks to the upcoming chords.

Nobody said it was a style-demo. It's more a demo of new sounds.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#239807 - 08/12/08 02:51 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Beakybird Offline

I haven't A/B'd it, but the background on the demo sounds exactly like 20sSwing78rpm available at the www.yamahamusicsoft.com website.

Beakybird

#239808 - 08/12/08 03:22 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:

Hmmmmm? maybe this is part of what Tyros 3 can do stylewise for more realism ?

#239809 - 08/12/08 04:30 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I certainly hope Yamaha didn't decide to incorporate the power on/off switch into the Volume control on the top left. I've always had trouble with those switches.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Hype On

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#239810 - 08/12/08 05:45 AM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Burkels Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I certainly hope Yamaha didn't decide to incorporate the power on/off switch into the Volume control on the top left. I've always had trouble with those switches.

I heard a rumour that the T3 will be shipped with a "Dead Man's Bench". As soon as you stand up, the T3 switches off.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl

#239811 - 08/12/08 02:30 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I have heard the four Tyros3 demos and I am still most impressed by the guitar demo. I played it many times and every time I am really impressed how that guitar sounds. I am really getting very curious ....

#239812 - 08/12/08 02:55 PM Re: New Tyros 3 demo
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
I heard a rumour that the T3 will be shipped with a "Dead Man's Bench". As soon as you stand up, the T3 switches off.

But if the audience stands up (to dance!) it turns back on again?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online