SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#239693 - 08/08/08 04:02 PM Arranger makes the day
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
This is the coolist thing. I'm like most of the pros here, I use an arranger for what I need it to do. I have my bread and butter styles, voices, ect. set up as registrations. It has a zillion styles and voices that I never use. That is until last night. I was playing a luau for a real upscale independent retirement community. There were about 350 people, a pig roast, food to die for, open bar, ect. Of course, the theme was Hawaiian. I play about 6 or 7 Hawaiian songs and I'm not real anxious to learn more. Well, the Hawaiian style and voices on the Tyros were great. I started the evening playing songs in that style. The AD came in and raved about how authentic I sounded. As the evening progressed, I eased into dance music because, like any event, a full dance floor is really what counts. But I must say that the style and voices on the T1 really got me off to a great start. It was a great party.

Mahalo,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#239694 - 08/08/08 04:16 PM Re: Arranger makes the day
Dnj Offline

Joe,

I hear ya!! Many times myself at gigs I've had to ad-lib and dip deep into styles I hardly ever use to accommodate the gig situation theme........I've always been one to be ready for almost anything that arises on a gig & an good arranger KB loaded with styles & sounds can take the experienced Musician to the to another level for sure when needed outside the Normal realm with no problem at all......Good job!

#239695 - 08/08/08 05:54 PM Re: Arranger makes the day
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Joe,

I agree with everything you said. Loads of neat styles available for arranger keyboards, styles that will allow you to not only be creative, but provide the music the theme calls for.

Great post,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#239696 - 08/08/08 07:32 PM Re: Arranger makes the day
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I got booked for a gig through a booking agent ... when I showed up the client asked where the steel drums where ... I played some reggae, calypso, etc. but played a number of 'standards' using those styles and steel drum and marimba voices ... the client was thrilled at the end of the night ... told me they really loved the 'island' music ...
Gotta LOVE an arranger when you can't have a band ...

t.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online