SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#239578 - 08/06/08 06:08 PM Making an online video
Beakybird Offline

Hi! I am getting a website done for me, and I am going to be posting video.

Do most people who do a video just use a point and shoot video camera. I have a Flip video which takes good video. But should I use a unit that has a dedicated audio input that I should run directly from my keyboard?

Beakybird

#239579 - 08/06/08 06:18 PM Re: Making an online video
Dnj Offline

Direct is the best way to go for sure.
I hope to browse your website soon.
Please let us know when its completed.
Good luck with it.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-06-2008).]

#239580 - 08/06/08 11:23 PM Re: Making an online video
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One thing that might work (i've done it with audio, at least) is that, if you are playing tunes that are at exactly the same tempo each time you play them, same key, etc., it might be possible to record the same piece on different days (if you are at a venue) or multiple times (if at home), from different angles.

Then, use of a simple video editor (iMovie, that sort of thing) might allow you to line up the multiople takes, and cross-fade between them for a more professional-looking two or three camera shoot look.

Of course, you'll need to wear the same outfit if on different days, same venue But the steadiness of tempo will allow multiple takes to line up quite accurately...

Just a thought...

#239581 - 08/06/08 11:28 PM Re: Making an online video
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just another quick point...

If you do this, and don't have a camera with line-ins, so you can record direct from your mixer, you might also record audio with a Zoom H2 type audio recorder, and fly that into the video editor to replace the camera sound. Nowadays, most of these digital devices keep exceptionally tight sync against each other, recorded 'wild' (no actual sync), at least for just a few minutes of a song, and a little 'slipping' can make up for any slight lost sync...

Things have improved enormously compared to the days where both audio AND video were all done on tape machines of one kind or another, subject to horrific drifting problems...

#239582 - 08/06/08 11:48 PM Re: Making an online video
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Video takes up a lot of bandwidth, so check to see the limits your website hosting company allows, otherwise you may find your website gets suspended till the next month, or worst case you get an enormous bill for going over your allowed limit.

Bill

#239583 - 08/07/08 12:28 AM Re: Making an online video
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Beakybird

I would suggest uploading it to youtube and have a link on your site. It takes no bandwidth, has a fast load time plus you'll get a lot more exposure.

Good luck on your new site. I look forward to seeing it.

Scott

#239584 - 08/11/08 05:24 PM Re: Making an online video
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Definitely Youtube to prevent BW problems.

Can't you actually just embed the Youtube player in your site??? (Not sure)

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online