SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#239166 - 07/31/08 02:57 PM C1 users... volume pedal
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hey, chas (or anyone else with this issue)...

What's the skinny on the volume pedal for the C1? I know I have the hardest time getting regular expression pedals (particularly the EV-5, that I use) to be as ergonomically accurate as the standard B3 pedal...

Angle, throw, taper, all of them just feel wrong to me. Is there anything you are using that puts your foot back into that same position that the B3 does? And responds about the same way a B3 pedal does?

#239167 - 07/31/08 03:13 PM Re: C1 users... volume pedal
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
On a B3 and pretty much all other organs (Not portables) the swell pedal is usually 4 – 6” off the ground, which means the angle is not the same as if it was on the floor.
Many organist’s have problems with Swell Pedals that are directly on the ground, so try raising it before going for anything more drastic.
Hope this helps

Bill

#239168 - 07/31/08 03:31 PM Re: C1 users... volume pedal
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Diki, one word: Beheringer FVC100. At 25.00, the best bargin in the industry. Works well for me directly on the floor; in fact, I stopped using my PK7 pedalboard mainly because of the built-in expression pedal. No matter how I positioned my bench or the keyboard or the pedalboard, it never felt comfortable, mainly because of the combination of angle and height off the floor. There is just something totally wrong about the feel of it. Most of the guys I know use the Behringer pedal with the C1 and that is the one most recommended over on the Nord board.

chas

#239169 - 08/12/08 02:26 PM Re: C1 users... volume pedal
Diki Offline

Update...

I got a Behringer FCV-100 to try out, but on Roland's, in CV mode, the taper on the potentiometer is all wrong... Basically, about 75% of the pedal's travel doesn't do anything, all the action happens in the first 25%

Oh well...

#239170 - 08/12/08 03:04 PM Re: C1 users... volume pedal
cgiles Offline

Diki, the C1 has four options for matching up the pedal by manufacturer. Works perfectly on the C1, exactly like on a real B3. Don't know about the mode and too lazy to look it up at the moment. I'll check it out later. Sorry it didn't work out but my recommendation was based on it's use with the Nord C1.

chas

#239171 - 08/12/08 03:25 PM Re: C1 users... volume pedal
Diki Offline

There's only one C/V mode, chas, but no worries...

It was an impulse buy in a store today (Fran's rubbing off on everyone! ) that I can take back no problem. I've tried Googling for anyone that might have modded it, but no luck, so far...

I like the feel of the pedal, and the throw, but the pot is just plain wrong for Roland's...

#239172 - 08/13/08 04:47 AM Re: C1 users... volume pedal
cgiles Offline

Diki, I'm sure you've got it set up correctly, but just in case, this is the way mine is set up for the C1. Switch on 'CV', Output2, Vol on max (I think this controls the RANGE of soft to loud). Obviously, a stereo cable (ring,sleeve,tip or whatever) is also required. Just thought I'd mention it before you took it back. BTW, can you BELIEVE the build quality for $25.00? More like a high-end than a Behrenger.

chas

#239173 - 08/13/08 11:52 AM Re: C1 users... volume pedal
Diki Offline

Yep, sorry, chas, but I read the manual, and set it up that way... no joy.

That's a REALLY good feature on your Nord (never seen this on ANY keyboard before) where you can select from what type of pedal you put into it. I've seen polarity software for switches, but never a choice of expression pedal curve. Very nice

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online