Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
I don't buy new keyboards to "Play" better, I buy new keyboards to "Sound" better.

I quite agree with this, Al... But what I think I was getting at was the constant upgrade (and crossgrade) path that some like to take. I just feel that, most of the time, you have to go through several model changes from most manufacturers before you get one that is SO much better than the one you have that it's worth upgrading for. If 80% of the soundset and styles are unchanged, is that 20% new REALLY worth all the money and hassle of grokking a new arranger?

Likewise OS features. Most of the time, changes and improvements to an OS are so incremental that it hardly seems worth it... And, unfortunately, it always seems 'two steps forward, one step back' as far as getting the OS features you really want! By the time they get around to fulfilling your needs, they've gone and changed something else that you rely on, so you STILL never get the 'perfect' OS

But, about once every ten years or so, something comes out that is a quantum leap over your existing arranger.

THAT'S the time to make the switch, at least for me...