SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#238821 - 07/24/08 01:38 PM Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
I've always heard in this forum that there are not many styles for Korg arrangers. I've downloaded the EMC shareware Style Works 2000 Pa (for free) and I can't believe how easily I can convert any Yamaha style to my new Korg arranger. It takes less than 2 minutes to do it and later I only have to adjust the volume for each channel. Now I have thousands of styles for my Korg Pa500. Besides it's so easy to make realistic guitar articulations for the styles(like Mega Voices in Yamaha) in Guitar Mode from the keyboard. Unbelievable!

Victor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#238822 - 07/24/08 01:54 PM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
I've always heard in this forum that there are not many styles for Korg arrangers. I've downloaded the EMC shareware Style Works 2000 Pa (for free) and I can't believe how easily I can convert any Yamaha style to my new Korg arranger. It takes less than 2 minutes to do it and later I only have to adjust the volume for each channel. Now I have thousands of styles for my Korg Pa500. Besides it's so easy to make realistic guitar articulations for the styles(like Mega Voices in Yamaha) in Guitar Mode from the keyboard. Unbelievable!

Victor

Is this a new version just for PA models like the pa800? Because the older versions didnt work to well...& most conversions to Yammy arent the best IMO.

is there a link for this new ver shareware?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-24-2008).]

#238823 - 07/24/08 02:32 PM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Is this a new version just for PA models like the pa800? Because the older versions didnt work to well...& most conversions to Yammy arent the best IMO.

is there a link for this new ver shareware?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-24-2008).]

Dnj,
Everything is new for me and I am so excited because I did not expect the conversion was so easy to do. It sounds very good to my ears though some GM sounds should be changed for others as well as the sound level for each track. It's an old version not made for the newer arrangers(Pa500, Pa800, Pa2X) probably the one you mention. Of course it may not sound as the original style but it allows me to have a greater number of styles(at least the not very complex ones). I found it in the Korg Pa Bonusware page: http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/bonusware.html?es

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#238824 - 07/24/08 03:42 PM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
I am interested in this program and down loaded it.

However I am confused because it came down zipped in different packages and got a strange message when I endeavored to unzip.

Would you mind giving me step by step instructions to install the program Victor as I am not well versed in computers.

Cousin Ken

#238825 - 07/24/08 03:43 PM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
Caragabal Offline

However I am confused because it came down zipped in different packages and got a strange message when I endeavored to unzip.

Would you mind giving me step by step instructions to install the program Victor as I am not well versed in computers.

Cousin Ken

#238826 - 07/24/08 07:00 PM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Caragabal:

Cousin Ken

Ken,
Neither am I versed in computers. First downlod the zipped program from the Korg page, then unzip it with the Winzip program already installed in your Pc. Select the Set Up folder and the program will be installed. The program didn't work properly the first time until I started it the second time. The shareware works for 4 days unless you register it. I hope you are lucky this time.

#238827 - 07/24/08 11:47 PM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
Caragabal Offline

I give up Victor whats the Pin Number.

Cousin Ken

#238828 - 07/25/08 02:07 AM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
You will need to try a lot of different chords to see if it's really working as good as we're all hoping. Typically the problems of the past were clashing chords on things like augmented, diminished, 9th etc.

I remember when the convertedKN5000 styles came out for Yamaha and mentioned the clashing chords and was surprised to find some didn't recognize the clashing going on.

#238829 - 07/25/08 02:53 AM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The pin number is to register(buy) the software. You shouldn't need it in the trial version, as you do not have access to it until you buy it.

#238830 - 07/25/08 04:43 AM Re: Lack of styles for Korg arrangers?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I agree with Victor, I have been able to convert many Yamaha styles to Korg Pa2xpro with much success. Some of the instrument choices and octave information had to be tweaked but you can do that right inside the keyboard saving it to itself. Some of the really complex intro's and endings of the better Yamaha styles may get truncated, but the core style sounds reasonably well.

I have put a few converted styles up on www.arrangerworld.com and will put more if there is any interest. I've shared a few with StephenM. I now have every available User Bank filled in my Pa2xpro. The one cool thing about the Pa2xpro is you can use the sliders to turn down the volume of the accompaniment sounds and just leave the bass and drums playing in the style. This gives a nice combo sound to the style without all the other busy and sometimes annoying strumming accompaniment.

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online