SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#238586 - 07/19/08 09:28 PM What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
Dnj Offline

What do you think T3 will have that T2 doesnt.....it will have to be something veryexciting for people to sell their T2's & go for the next model?

#238587 - 07/19/08 09:55 PM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
What do you think T3 will have that T2 doesnt.....it will have to be something veryexciting for people to sell their T2's & go for the next model?

Even though I've already bought Pa2x, I would advise those people who can wait another few months to wait for the T3.

All they have to do to completely, completely change the T2, is change all the drum sets. As soon as they have done that, the Tyros has become a different keyboard. From what I understand, that is what will be happening on the T3, and that itself could be enough of a reason to upgrade...

#238588 - 07/19/08 09:56 PM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
Dnj Offline

What do you mean change the drums....to what?

#238589 - 07/19/08 10:27 PM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
If they changed the drums to even 3/4's as good as whats on the Motif range it will be awesome!! You should hear what the PA2x soudns like when the styles are played through the Motif ES rack..

A Tyros with motif sounds..good box!!

Dennis

#238590 - 07/20/08 01:53 AM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
What do you mean change the drums....to what?

To what? umm, to better sounding drum kits..

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 07-20-2008).]

#238591 - 07/20/08 02:33 AM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
What do you think T3 will have that T2 doesnt.....

Hmmm, let me see.......
Yeah, number 2 will be replaced by number 3.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#238592 - 07/20/08 07:49 AM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:

The T3 will have SAV"2" second generation Super Articulation Voices. It will purportedly have 8 or 9 Sliders below the LCD screen. I also wouldn't put it past Yamaha to up the polyphony ante somewhat, say, 192 polyphony. If I'm wrong and it's still 128 note polyphony then it is definitely a case of Yammie trying to squeeze every last ounce out of that standard and milking it for all it's worth. But with Ketron coming out with the Audya (eventually that is.. ) with its 197 or 256 note polyphony Yamaha might up the ante with the T3.

>> I agree about the Drums. If the T3 doesn't have professional sounding Drum Kits there would not be a real reason to upgrade from a T1 or T2 in my opinion. And depending on how well the SAV ("2"nd generation) is received by consumers, will ultimately be another critical deciding factor on whether or not to upgrade to a T3. A major sound improvement with SAV"2" would be quite a feat by Yammie if they pull it off. We will have to wait until late October thru till the middle of November and see how it all pans out. Yamaha might surprise us though with an early release date on the T3. Bring it on! Although I won't be getting one anyway cause it ain't got no 15 extra keys tacked on to it. And 50% percent of arranger keyboardists feel much the same way as I do. But Yamaha has Europe to fall back on with its abundance of 61 keyers so all is apparently well in Yammiedom regardless of how many T3's they sell in the U.S. or Canada. Or even Asia for that matter. Europe is Yammies gold mine and if Europe wants and plays nothing but the 61 key high-end arrangers then that's what Yamaha will make and "continue" to make, regardless of how many people and/or what percentage of the population in the U.S., Canada, or Asia want or need 76 keys or 'more' for their arranger playing needs. Yamaha gets a whiff of all that money and bottom line potential in Europe and that's what they put all their hopes and effort in to please and pursue. And all the 76 or 88 key arranger musicians be damned according to their business philosophy of - money trumps all. Even people.

Sorry for my rant. But when my blood starts to boil I got to let out some steam or I might break a few blood vessels. And unfortunately we were in the midst of a discussion about a certain Yamaha product when it started to boil.

Best,
Mike

#238593 - 07/20/08 10:29 AM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
More depreciation...

#238594 - 07/20/08 10:55 AM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
jwyvern Offline

Much higher plastic value.

Remember oil price has at least trebled

John

#238595 - 07/20/08 03:24 PM Re: What will Tyros 3 have that Tyros 2 doesnt.....?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A higher price tag?

An espresso machine?

A bunch of furious owners that wished they'd stayed with their T2?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online