SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#238273 - 07/17/08 11:23 PM Re: New Operating System for Korg Pa2xpro/Pa800
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
Korg is not the only manufacture that adds new features for free with OS updates, if you look at Roland, Wersi, Bohm and Lionstracs you will find plenty of new free features were added as the OS was continually developed.
In addition just like Korg, all the above manufactures also produce optional features that have to be paid for.
Korg was actually quite late in embracing free feature updates.

Regards

Bill

#238274 - 07/18/08 04:40 AM Re: New Operating System for Korg Pa2xpro/Pa800
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Here is my beef with Yamaha; they do NOT release any new features with their OS unless it has to do with selling their styles on IDC.

If they upgrade the MusicFinder in the Tyros 3 I'm going to be really upset because that indicates they rather release a brand new machine with new software than update their existing T1, T2 machines in the public hands. I sold my T2 primarily because of the crappy MusicFinder implementation.

If they had released a major software upgrade with some really nice features, the T2 would still be in my studio.

------------------
Al Giordano
Visit us at ARRANGER WORLD! http://www.arrangerworld.com

Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#238275 - 07/18/08 05:54 AM Re: New Operating System for Korg Pa2xpro/Pa800
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Spalding
Korg is not the only manufacture that adds new features for free with OS updates, if you look at Roland, Wersi, Bohm and Lionstracs you will find plenty of new free features were added as the OS was continually developed.
In addition just like Korg, all the above manufactures also produce optional features that have to be paid for.
Korg was actually quite late in embracing free feature updates.

Regards

Bill

You are right Bill. I kind of disocunted both Bohm and Liontracs as in both cases they are difficult to audition anywhere so not really in my field of vision and that no amount of increased functionality can get around the problem of the sound in the first instance. Anyway. Its great news that manufacturers are building some longevity into their products and i welcome it .

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online