SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#238216 - 07/17/08 05:02 AM Re: KORG TR 76 AS CONTROLER KEYBOARD
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The reason the TR-76 is so light is simply the design of the unit. The keys are not semi-weighted (which off the top shaves a few pounds). Plus Korg did a great job in the size of the body. Many 76 and 61 key models can have some "depth". For a 76 key model the TR is less than 12 inches deep. That's pretty good, and that too will shave off some pounds.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#238217 - 07/17/08 06:06 AM Re: KORG TR 76 AS CONTROLER KEYBOARD
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
How easy would you think it would be to have the arranger playing on the xp and have a sound from the Korg playing in the right hand?
[/B][/QUOTE]

If I understand you properly you want to use the Tr's keyboard to play the Genesis (styles or sounds) with your left hand and the Tr's own sound with your right hand. That's possible but very hard to do. You have to program (split)every single Combi you want to use (up to 381)with one track set to the left side of the keyboard in external mode to control your Xp and the other 7 tracks to the right side in internal mode(you will lose one sound in the case the original Combi uses the 8 tracks). The Tr has no button for split mode(like arrangers) which would be very useful for this purpose. Another option is changing the Tr's sounds "inside" the Combi manually with the data wheel(only one track at a time) but the effects won't be changed. I would love to use the Tr's keyboard with aftertouch as a contoller but actually I use it as a module. Indeed if you still want the Tr's sounds you can buy the Korg MicroX as a module(with similar sounds but more techno oriented) at half the price and a 76 key controller. Good luck.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online