SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#237906 - 07/11/08 03:33 PM Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
Glaucotech Offline

Loc: Venezuela
Hello to all!
Next month hopefully I'll receive a Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard. Let me tell you that I've never tried it out nor do I have the chance to do so , because Korg's representative in my area doesn't carry those models at all. I've got a question Will Korg Pa800 play the mp3 files that come with text (CDG files) and show the text in its secreen as it does with .kar file ? ( or so that's what I understand).
All replies to this message are greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

#237907 - 07/11/08 04:05 PM Re: Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
My manual says:
Standard MIDI files with these types of lyrics can be displayed.

1) Solton
2) M-live(Midisoft)
3) Tune 1000
4) Edirol
5) GMX
6) HitBit
7) XF

Standard MIDI files usually have the .MID or .KAR extension

You can also do your own .TXT and name it the same and put it in the same directory as the midi file (or MP3) and it will display the text for you (manual page turn)

That's what I know for sure....

Lee

#237908 - 07/11/08 04:18 PM Re: Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
did you order an mp3 board for the PA800?
As far as I'm aware it's an optional extra, or it was when I bought my PA800.

Sorry but I don't the mp3 board, so can't really help with your question.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Glaucotech:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#237909 - 07/11/08 05:11 PM Re: Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yep, I can confirm what Rikki says.. The MP3 board IS an optional extra for the PA800.

Also just to add to Lee's post...You can also link text files to songs when they are in a different directory, rather than have them in the same folder.

It just give you two options when dealing with text files.

Dennis

#237910 - 07/11/08 06:53 PM Re: Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
I can relate to what "Glaucotech" is asking......A typical software Karaoke player for your laptop or a stand alone external Karaoke Player uses a zipped file that contains the mp3 (which is the Music)and a cdg ( which is the lyrics in a graphical format ) ..

The question is, if you create a directory ,and in that directory,you have the mp3 (music) and the cdg (lyrics), will the keyboard recognize it and play the mp3 while showing the Text on the keyboard screen?

An example ...The extensions would be:
crazy.mp3
crazy.cdg

If someone would be willing to try, I could send them a karaoke file to see if it will work. I am wondering if I change the crazy.cdg to crazy.txt...Would it work?

I have wondered this myself...

------------------
createsongstyles.com

[This message has been edited by rphillipchuk (edited 07-11-2008).]

[This message has been edited by rphillipchuk (edited 07-11-2008).]

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#237911 - 07/12/08 09:13 AM Re: Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
Glaucotech Offline

Loc: Venezuela
Thanks to all the people that have answered. The unit the I oredered will have the optional mp3 board installed. The reason I am asking this is because I own a fairly large collection of cdg +mp3 files. I would like to use most of the files and usa the arranger with a lead instruments and at the same time , synchronize the text for karaoke singing. Of course that I understand that with .kar files that can be done . However as you all know the cdg+mp3 files have additional advantages. Like background vocals and sometimes better sounding instruments than what midi brings. Additionaly, many midi files take advantage of vsti conversion and I think it would be nice to play them after conversion with associated text file. Finally (and please excuse my extending) I am eager to try out the new Melodyne Direct Note access and see if there is the option to "mute" leading vocals from an .mp3 or .wav file (or leading notes as a matter of fact). If so...potentially ... it would mean that any .wav or .mp3 song would serve as a "background track" for one to play and sing along. Thanks for your patience.

#237912 - 07/12/08 10:33 AM Re: Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I had the PA-800, and also a collection of CD&G MP3 files. We know the midi kar files scroll the lyrics synced to the midi. In the optional MP3 player, the CD&G files will not show lyrics. I had to save the lyrics ,separately as a text file, and save the two as a user program. The difference is that the lyrics shows as a page of lyrics, without scolling. You can page through the song, however.

#237913 - 07/13/08 07:48 AM Re: Korg Pa800 arranger keyboard and cdg files
zuki Offline

Of course the smf with lyrics will scroll. You can set all this up in a performance mode, as I explained in another thread. I have medleys set up with a touch of (1) button after selecting "play all" from the jukebox. Just select the proper performance button (corresponding with the song) and you're ready to play arranger style, which will trigger the vocal harmonizer - very cool. (Still trying to figure out how to save the pads).

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online