SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#237903 - 07/12/08 10:45 PM Re: how did you record your demo?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I have heard from several agents that snippets work well when someone hasn't time to listen to a whole CD, especially if you cover quite a variety of material.

You MIGHT consider making a 'snippets mix' out of the best of your stuff as the first track on a demo CD, then putting the full length versions on as subsequent tracks. That way, the hurried promoter gets the quick picture, but can still listen at length later, if he has the time....

Just a thought...

#237904 - 07/13/08 05:12 AM Re: how did you record your demo?
Dnj Offline

You can make CD demos or what ever till the cows come home....eventually you have to play somehow "LIVE" for your clients...so you better have the goods or your done period.
And you better sound BETTER then your so called "studio enhanced" CD. If I was looking for entertainment I'd throw the CD in the garbage & ask them "Where ya playing so I can come & see you?" if they say well were not anywhere now ........they're finished! ....why ain't they working?.....if they say we are at so & so place ....I'll go there unannounced sometime & go late in the show to listen & mostly watch audience reaction & never even let them know I was there......If I need them I'll call later on. Better be on your game 100% ya never know whos out in the audience

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-13-2008).]

#237905 - 08/06/08 05:41 AM Re: how did you record your demo?
Dnj Offline

Lucky email me .....regarding recording.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online