#237727 - 08/01/08 09:54 AM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Synth Planet price in U.S. dollars:

List Price: USD 7771.43
Our Price: USD 4174.74

Best,
Mike

PS: Will the rising prices on high-end arranger products never cease? >> Computer technology product prices have taken a nose dive over the course of the last 10 years. Just the opposite, it seems, with high end arranger products.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-01-2008).]

#237728 - 08/01/08 11:51 AM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Synth Planet price in U.S. dollars:

List Price: USD 7771.43
Our Price: USD 4174.74

Best,
Mike

PS: Will the rising prices on high-end arranger products never cease? >> Computer technology product prices have taken a nose dive over the course of the last 10 years. Just the opposite, it seems, with high end arranger products. ]

Because everybody and their uncle buys computers, and next to no-one buys high end arrangers.... Economy of scale, pure and simple. Arranger players, in the US at least, are a diminishing market, as manufacturers refuse to add features and sounds and styles usable by younger players, and us older users keep dying off

Computer users are a growing market, with no end in sight.

You might remember, this is what happened to the organ market, which gradually went upscale as it's main users got older and fewer, until it, for all practical purposes, completely disappeared when it got to the point that no-one but the wealthy dilettantes could actually afford one.

The lesson here is, the arranger HAS to evolve, and involve younger players, or it will go the way of the Elka and the Lowery, IMO...

#237729 - 08/01/08 12:40 PM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
Diki Offline

BTW, Synth Planet can publish any damn figure they want to at this point. The Audya is not shipping, and they are under no obligation to honor that price. Personally, I'd be VERY cautious about anybody with a nearly 45% discount on a brand new item!

$1400 below MAP (not list price, but the lowest they can advertise) sounds like a scam, IMO. Call them up and ask if they will honor that price if you pre-order now, with ZERO wiggle room. Then stand back and watch as they squirm!

#237730 - 08/01/08 12:47 PM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
For $4100 bucks, they can keep it. I don't care if it cleans my house also. It too bad that there taking a step in the wrong direction. They were almost close with the XD9 at $1800, which should have been $1000-$1300. The local guitar center & Samash are always empty because of peoples finanical situations and you would think that they would make keyboards at an affordable price point. I sure they'll sell a few.......

#237731 - 08/01/08 12:55 PM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
you would think that they would make keyboards at an affordable price point.

They do... they are called USED

And as rapidly as some of our members go through new arrangers, you can be sure they are in virtually pristine condition (I bet some of the manuals haven't even come out of the plastic!). A PSR3000 is still an excellent arranger. Used PA80's, G1000's, G600's T1's, etc., can be had for a song. And if you can't make great music on one of these, you can't make great music on a T3 either

#237732 - 08/01/08 01:26 PM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I think you missed my point, This was strictly about ketron, Not a used korg or roland, etc.... Yamaha has done a wonderful job in the last few years with price points on certain models, like the psr3000 vs T1 & S900 vs T2, etc.... You got a chunk of the big boys in a mid point price, that has really taken off for yamaha. Ketron had that shot with the XD9 and they missed the boat. The XD9 was a good keyboard and by the time you have a hard drive, vocal etc..you were over $2500. Ketron audya at 4000 does not have marketing like yamaha where they can push a volume of keyboards out the door. Don't get me wrong I like Ketron very much.....but it has been a disappointment in the past couple of years.

#237733 - 08/02/08 02:14 PM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
keybplayer Offline

I was hoping Ketron would give the big boys some competition as well. I even boasted a while back that people would be seeing a lot more of Ketron products on store shelves and their company logo would become more recognized to people in the U.S. in the near future. Boy was I wrong! Ketron who??

3,899.00 EUR = 6,066.54 USD!!! That price in euros includes the VAT and shipping so ending up with a U.S. price you would deduct about $680 of it to minus the VAT (Value Added Tax) = "who's value, surely not the customer's?? ) and shipping within Britain shouldn't be more than a couple hundred I would think, so a comparable U.S. price is around $5,000 for the Audya at your local retail establishment - if you can even find one. And that is NOT the List price that is the selling price!! Ketron is the new Korg... As in OASYS.

Best,
Mike

#237734 - 08/02/08 02:35 PM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
keybplayer Offline

Notice it says the Audya "is suppose to be" in stock by 01-09.. That's a HUGE! 'SUPPOSE TO' I might add.

It looks like Ketron won't make it's "ship by end of summer 08" projection I reckon.. Who would've guessed, right?

I'm sorry for laying it on sooooo thick Ketron but telling jokes about you guys is one way to pass the time while we wait for the Audya's release. Besides, if we keep laughing that will hopefully keep us from crying while we wait.

Best,
Mike

#237735 - 08/02/08 02:49 PM Re: Any word on the Ketron Audya
keybplayer Offline

BTW, I sold my Tyros so I am open to getting another totl arranger sometime down the road. Although it might be a loonnnggggg dusty path I have to trod before I could lay my hands on an Audya though. Whatever it is - it's gotta have 76 keys attached to it. That is a "must" for me..

I heard Roland is suppose to release the G70 successor at winter NAMM 2009. Which is 5 months away but I'm in no hurry. Maybe the Audya will be released by then too hopefully. I know, I know.. don't count on it, right?

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 08-02-2008).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online