SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#237683 - 07/09/08 05:09 AM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You've made some valid points Fran...well said.

Ian

#237684 - 07/09/08 05:42 AM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
"Drop the hype and make it right"...

and then you'll buy a Yamaha?

#237685 - 07/09/08 11:51 AM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You have to understand the inherent craziness in pooh-poohing someone ELSE'S needs for improvement in a product by saying that the line is already a "huge selling success" and "they must be doing something right & the customers love it or they wouldn't buy it", and then going straight ahead and listing YOUR OWN needs in this apparently perfect product

Either the product needs improvement, or it doesn't. It is egotistical beyond belief to assume that YOUR needs are legitimate, but anyone else's that you don't agree with are unnecessary. The simple fact that even those with the highest regard for this product can see areas where it could be improved. If they are allowed to list their needs without knee-jerk "it's already perfect' tripe poured down their throats, why do the rest of us get such a hostile response?

If it could do with "an adjustable screen, a better Vocal Harmonizer, another pedal input, and more effects blocks. Also, the DSP Variation buttons moved to the left side", what is SO wrong with asking for a better keybed, and even a longer one...?

Or is it that all YOUR needs are so much more, how should I put it, IMPORTANT than mine (and many, many others)?

#237686 - 07/09/08 12:07 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Why would anyone want a hard drive? USB drives are so much more versatile, lighter, easier to transfer data. I don't see a noticeable decrease in speed.
Unless you are loading LOTS of WAV files, I can't see a reason for a hard drive. I have many pages of text files, styles and midi files, and have barely touched the capacity of a 2-gig drive. I keep a 4-gig for WAV recording only. I slip this card out of the kb and into the PC, listen and delete most of them, and sometimes store the good ones for later use.
DonM

#237687 - 07/09/08 12:46 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm a selfish guy...only concerned with MY needs.

My needa are important to ME...anyone can list their own...I won't disagree, but they won't necessarily be MY needs.

Better keybed, longer keybed...why?

If 61 is enough, and the keybed feels fine to ME, and, the cost is kept low, at or near the price I want(or can afford) to pay?

Naaah...just change what I want.

Ian the Self-centered.

#237688 - 07/09/08 02:01 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Why would anyone want a hard drive? USB drives are so much more versatile, lighter, easier to transfer data. I don't see a noticeable decrease in speed.
Unless you are loading LOTS of WAV files, I can't see a reason for a hard drive. I have many pages of text files, styles and midi files, and have barely touched the capacity of a 2-gig drive. I keep a 4-gig for WAV recording only. I slip this card out of the kb and into the PC, listen and delete most of them, and sometimes store the good ones for later use.
DonM

Don there are still KB's that dont have USB only to Device like my Tyros .....& Thumb Drives are not 60-80G etc. yet.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-09-2008).]

#237689 - 07/09/08 02:22 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Just to echo an item from Donny's wish list which I'd also love to see -

Yamaha, please make the simple software change and implement Music Finder key transpose settings with the ability for the user to update the music finder listings without replacing the whole file! I'd love to have music finder remember my transpose settings. And it would not require any hardware addons - just a couple hours of a programmer's time.

Here's hoping we all get our wishes in the next release.

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#237690 - 07/09/08 02:36 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Don there are still KB's that dont have USB only to Device like my Tyros .....& Thumb Drives are not 60-80G etc. yet.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 07-09-2008).]

Yes, but we're talking about a new keyboard here and it will surely have USB storage as the S900 does.
How could you ever fill up 60 gigs? My Midjay has a 20-gig hd and holds way more than I ever will need. It is filled with styles I'll never use, MP3s I'll never play and WAV files I'll never use, plus sound effects and loops.
Hard drives are way more susceptible to damage and wear. Solid state drives are the wave of the future, even in PCs. Many of the new mini-laptops are coming with solid state drives.
DonM

#237691 - 07/09/08 03:11 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Yes, but we're talking about a new keyboard here and it will surely have USB storage as the S900 does.
How could you ever fill up 60 gigs? My Midjay has a 20-gig hd and holds way more than I ever will need. It is filled with styles I'll never use, MP3s I'll never play and WAV files I'll never use, plus sound effects and loops.
Hard drives are way more susceptible to damage and wear. Solid state drives are the wave of the future, even in PCs. Many of the new mini-laptops are coming with solid state drives.
DonM

Can't argue with that at all. I have a 540-meg USB drive that is not even half filled and there are thousands of style and midi files on the drive. Only about 100 MP3s, of which I use 10 or 12 for breaks.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#237692 - 07/09/08 04:30 PM Re: Any NEXT Yamaha S Series Arranger Wish List Ideas?.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
DonM

You are absolutely right Don....BUT being I need one in this Tyros & the Hd prices have plummeted...I went for a what I have for now....of course I'll never use that storage......& on top of that I have a
100G laptop on stage
But for the times Im not using the LT Its nice to have a HD.

Carry On

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online