SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#237649 - 07/14/08 09:11 AM Re: TC Harmony M
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mike, I'm saying that the harmonizer in the Ketron SDs is very good. They do everything I need. I feel no need to use an external unit with them, as I do Yamaha.
In addition, they do gimmick voices and choirs.
I'm using a Midjay most of the time now, and the Harmonizer in it is strictly a Vocoder, so the external unit is necessary for me.
It IS neat to have the Harmony M setting right on top of the keyboard where you can easily change presets, voices, adjust vocal processing etc.
Two harmony voices are enough for me; may not be for everyone.
DonM

#237650 - 07/14/08 07:58 PM Re: TC Harmony M
Dnj Offline

Don would love to hear a few short demos when You get a chance using the Harmony M...

#237651 - 07/15/08 01:25 PM Re: TC Harmony M
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
I was recently in a recording studio where 'voice doubling' was used to 'fatten up' the sound of the male voices in an Irish group I'm with. Quite a nice 'effect'. TC Helicon states-'Additionally, a separate double effect uses the widely respected TC-Helicon overdub algorithm to produce a thick sound typically reserved for studio recordings'.
My question for those that are now 'checking out this unit'
For a single voice, is this effect noticeable & worthwhile? What is your opinion?
Also can this doubling effect be used alone or with the harmony ? Thanks

#237652 - 07/15/08 01:56 PM Re: TC Harmony M
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It is a nice effect and is noticeable. It is either-or. You can use it alone, but not with harmony.
DonM

#237653 - 07/15/08 02:49 PM Re: TC Harmony M
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Hi Don
Thanks for your reply & info on this unit. I would really be interested in this unit if it had Harmony G & M in the one package (so I could also use it with my guitar), voice doubling anytime, a choice of different harmonies-I imagine there are units (digitech?)
that will do all this for many $$$
Gord

#237654 - 07/31/08 08:47 PM Re: TC Harmony M
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, i'm a crazy person trying to do harmony effects on a funk tuba. not joking. DonM or other marvelous folks on here, does this thing track if you don't have midi or guitar in? are there controls to force key, or would you bring a little keyboard along to shove notes in key at it to force it to stay in key? Also, any idea of frequency response out of the thing? I play some notes at around 35hz and i'm wondering if it's going to even pick that up, let alone try to put out the 70hz octave above that... Thanks in advance!! -Miles

#237655 - 08/01/08 03:56 AM Re: TC Harmony M
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I'm not really sure if you could use this one, but if it were me, I'd go with one of the more expensive units that offer more functions therefore more control.
Either the TC Helicon voiceworks or the digitech makes a nice unit called, I think, the live 4 pro.

Part of the beauty of this thing, at least for me, is it's simplicity and lack of settings. It sounds good out of the box, no decisions to make. But of course it doesn't have all the functions of the bigger units.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 08-01-2008).]

#237656 - 08/01/08 05:24 AM Re: TC Harmony M
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm not sure about this, but are you Korg people SURE that the VP uses polyphony? It's an entire, separate circuit board, and I was never aware of any dropouts when using thick harmonies. (which is often!)
I think the processor stands alone, but I'm not sure about that.
Anyone know for certain?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online