SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#237629 - 07/08/08 02:16 PM Re: TC Harmony M
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just talked with my guy at GC today and he said there are two in route to his store. He expects to see them tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. I have one reserved for ME!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#237630 - 07/09/08 01:40 PM Re: TC Harmony M
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I got mine just now. Fedex has a new policy that they will not deliver until the scheduled date, and they wouldn't let me pick it up, so it set in the warehouse for 3 days.
Anyway, now I have to go to work early to try out the Harmony M. It looks SWEET!
DonM

#237631 - 07/09/08 01:59 PM Re: TC Harmony M
Dnj Offline

Cant wait to hear your revie Don Oh Yeah!!

#237632 - 07/09/08 02:26 PM Re: TC Harmony M
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I got mine just now. Fedex has a new policy that they will not deliver until the scheduled date, and they wouldn't let me pick it up, so it set in the warehouse for 3 days.

DonM

I've had that happen before usually on a friday so I have to wait all weekend with my new gear a mile from my house.
My delivery date is Fri.

I'm most interested in "the live engineer effects that automatically optimize your vocals with adaptive compression, EQ and de-essing. And all of this feeds into rich reverb and delay processors. While you focus on your music, Harmony-M backs you up with fully produced vocal sound."
If it does all that I'll be happy. You use the harmony sparingly through out the night.
How it sounds the rest of the time is important because now you could leave a couple extra pieces of gear at home.

I also await Dons' review!

#237633 - 07/09/08 02:31 PM Re: TC Harmony M
DonM Offline

Actually I went ahead and plugged it in here at the house. It sounds great. The Tone feature does make your voice sound good, and it is editable, though I haven't edited it.
It looks like I'll have to get the dedicated controller. A standard foot switch will work the bypass, but the controller is evidently necessary to access some of the control menus. I'll try it tonight before I decide.
DonM

#237634 - 07/09/08 02:33 PM Re: TC Harmony M
Dnj Offline

Don while your at it tonight record some tunes with it for us ////

Thanx

dp

#237635 - 07/09/08 02:36 PM Re: TC Harmony M
DonM Offline

I'll try. Depends on if I get it set up to suit me.
DonM

#237636 - 07/09/08 03:04 PM Re: TC Harmony M
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Don does it have an xlr input I'm a little confused by some of the things I've read, it says " - 1⁄4” TRS mic level I/O in stereo or mono"

#237637 - 07/09/08 03:08 PM Re: TC Harmony M
DonM Offline

It has XLR mic input only. The two outs are 1/4". They are either stereo, or you can assign one to vocal, one to harmonies.
Gotta run. More later.
DonM

#237638 - 07/09/08 09:15 PM Re: TC Harmony M
DonM Offline

I plugged a mic into it, ran midi from the controller to the Midjay Thru to the Harmonizer, a 1/4-inch to a channel on the mixer (set flat)and everything worked great.
I didn't fool with the settings much, but it tracks as it should and sounds really good.
The vocal processing is excellent. I used an SM58. Didn't try anything else. I used the default effects (Hall) and the "Tone" setting.
Default midi channel is 1 so that didn't need setting.
I didn't even bother to set a keyboard split. I was going to but got started and liked the way it worked with it across the entire keyboard.
I made a couple of recordings. If I have time I'll try to post something tomorrow.
It's easy to control in real time. It has only two harmony voices unless you put it in Manual (Vocoder) mode. Most of the time I use only one above, and very seldom have a need for more than two. For my purposes it is excellent. It was great doing Happy Birthday in 3-part harmony Acupello.
It's a winner!
DonM

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online