SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#237543 - 07/07/08 02:12 AM Tyros 2 - Voice Editor (Reception Error)
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm trying to set up the voice editor software that comes with the T2. I've finally made all the connections, but each time I try to do the "PresetVoice Receive", the keyboard tells me "Reception Error."

Any ideas? Please?

#237544 - 07/07/08 05:16 AM Re: Tyros 2 - Voice Editor (Reception Error)
jwyvern Offline

Chony I'm assuming you have installed the Yamaha midi USB driver on your PC and whenever you plug Ty2 into the computer (and switch on) the latter recognises it OK.

When starting the editor for the first time (and occasionally at later times) the inputs and outputs can be difficult to find or sustain.
When the editor is running look for a small floating silver coloured window approx 2" x half inch in size. You'll likely find it towards the top middle of your screen and it has the words Midi Setup written in green lettering.
Click on its button (left of centre) then select Digital Workstation-1 (or whatever looks like Ty2) in the In & OUT boxes, then OK.
Now go to the Set up menu in the main Ed. window and select Setup. Do the same there for In & Out.
Note: The Ch and Device nos. on mine are both 1.
Click OK

As soon as you do that you should find data transfer is enabled.

When the editor is running correctly the Ty2 screen changes to a text screen with the heading "Custom Voice Edit Mode"

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 07-07-2008).]

#237545 - 07/07/08 01:32 PM Re: Tyros 2 - Voice Editor (Reception Error)
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by jwyvern:
Chony I'm assuming you have installed the Yamaha midi USB driver on your PC and whenever you plug Ty2 into the computer (and switch on) the latter recognises it OK.

When starting the editor for the first time (and occasionally at later times) the inputs and outputs can be difficult to find or sustain.
When the editor is running look for a small floating silver coloured window approx 2" x half inch in size. You'll likely find it towards the top middle of your screen and it has the words Midi Setup written in green lettering.
Click on its button (left of centre) then select Digital Workstation-1 (or whatever looks like Ty2) in the In & OUT boxes, then OK.
Now go to the Set up menu in the main Ed. window and select Setup. Do the same there for In & Out.
Note: The Ch and Device nos. on mine are both 1.
Click OK

As soon as you do that you should find data transfer is enabled.

When the editor is running correctly the Ty2 screen changes to a text screen with the heading "Custom Voice Edit Mode"

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 07-07-2008).]

I've done all of that, I get the screen change on the Tyros 2, but still the message "reception error"... :-(

#237546 - 07/07/08 02:59 PM Re: Tyros 2 - Voice Editor (Reception Error)
jwyvern Offline

Chony:
OK, so if the screen changes it suggests the USB connection is physically sound.

When you get the "failed" message have you been back to the Set up menu to see if the In and Outputs (Ty2/Digital Workstation) are
still highlighted correctly as you originally set them or have they reverted to non highlighted condition?
If the latter, reset them in both the small window and the Setup menu and try again.

What Windows OS are you using- XP 32bit/64bit or Vista?

If Vista there is a later PC editor software version downloadable from one of the Yam sites (I don't have the link to hand at present) which helped some people although my own older version worked OK with Vista anyway.

Am also wondering if the Yam driver you are using on PC is the latest version.

If you go to this link there are Yam drivers for various OS versions including Vista.

If necessary you can download the latest for your Windows version.
http://music.yamaha.com/products/downloads.html?productId=805

Presume you have the latest OS version in Ty2? Latest so called firmware upgrade is also available at the above link.

Apart from that am starting to run out of ideas unless you have some more observations

John

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online