SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#237538 - 07/08/08 06:01 PM Re: Tyros 2 broken
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
At the time I had a PSR3K as my backup and really, really didn't care for it...so, the solution that felt best was to switch my break button with the music finder which I never use...

Gotcha.....man your brave Bill

#237539 - 07/08/08 07:36 PM Re: Tyros 2 broken
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Chony - you may have all the answers you needed by now - lots of great support on here. I too had a problem w/my T2 - It was my fault - I was moving a Bose Roommate speaker and it slipped from my hands and just as I caught it, the corner of the speaker smashed one of my variation buttons down inside the case. When I turned it on, I had the problem you have - never ending variation looping and no option to change it.

I took matters into my own hands....took the board apart and removed all the 25 or so screws on the motherboard. Once that was out of the way, I saw that the plastic "hinge" that held all 4 buttons had been compromised. It wasn't broken but the button that got smashed had been weakened. So I took some strapping tape and placed it across the flat part of the 4-button segment that was compromised and then carefully put it all back together. That was 2 years ago. Haven't had the problem since (knock wood).

I must admit that I had a sinking feeling in my stomach when I pulled the motherboard out. Hated to do it but I didn't want to part w/the T2 for a couple months, so I went ahead and did it. Looks like you have had the board just about to that point. If I were you I'd wait til I got a new 4-button segment to replace the one you have. The other thing you could try would be to put some tape across the button, pull it back up flush w/the surface and then use the pedal til you get it repaired.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#237540 - 07/08/08 08:02 PM Re: Tyros 2 broken
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
Hated to do it but I didn't want to part w/the T2 for a couple months,

This is where the problem lies....all these companies/service centers etc, etc, need to improve their repair turnaround time to only a week or two tops...or in some minor cases make parts readily available for SELF REPLACEMENT......months is unacceptable.

#237541 - 07/09/08 10:18 AM Re: Tyros 2 broken
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Donny - so right! With the expense of the boards, even a month is too long to wait for a fix. And I also figured that the local guys wouldn't have the part on hand, so I took the chance on a self-repair.

Hopefully, the boards will become more durable and the parts/service procedures a little simpler. I'm dreaming though...

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online