Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#237453 - 07/06/08 08:53 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Or they may just incorporate it in the 61 note Tyros 4 or whatever replaces the forthcoming Tyros 3

This is the more likely scenario.

Ian

#237454 - 07/06/08 11:00 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Does anybody else think that this new "arranger" keyboard may in fact be an arranger "module" instead?

This invention is by a couple of Japanese dudes who have the backing of the largest piano and keyboard manufacturer in the world i.e. Yammie! So R&D should not be a problem in my opinion and which also leads me to believe that we may see this beast to the marketplace in a couple years or less.

Think about it?? If Yamaha is unwilling to bring a 76 key totl arranger to market their next best option would be to bring this all encompassing arranger technology to the masses in the form of a Rackmount or Tabletop arranger 'module'?!?!?

Food for thought anyway.

I would be the first in line to buy it so they will at least recoup some of their R&D back. I'm sure others will follow suit as well. In other words, it would no doubt be a hot seller from day one and Yamaha would again make beaucoup $$$$ on another arranger product, albeit, this time an arranger "module" product.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-06-2008).]

If Yamaha were to do that they would be able to recoup the R and D cost two times.

By putting it in a module, they would get sales from the initial hype of the new technology.

And for those who would not want to buy a module but like the 61 key keyboard, they would get it when Yamaha puts it in to the T4.

#237455 - 07/06/08 03:16 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
hi Mike,
I wouldn't be far behind you.
Would luv an arranger module.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Does anybody else think that this new "arranger" keyboard may in fact be an arranger "module" instead?

I would be the first in line to buy it so they will at least recoup some of their R&D back. I'm sure others will follow suit as well. In other words, it would no doubt be a hot seller from day one and Yamaha would again make beaucoup $$$$ on another arranger product, albeit, this time an arranger "module" product.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 07-06-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#237456 - 07/06/08 03:50 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Bill,
I upgraded my EMC Styleworks to XT, last Decemember. The BLURB says that it reads PA800 styles. I think it may have been able to read the original 1.01 format?? but it can't read the upgraded 1.51os styles.(That's when Guitar Mode was introduced.) EMC haven't managed it yet, & korg's talking about another fairly large upgrade in the not too distant future. May well be back to the drawing board for EMC.

The manufacturers appear to be making it more & more difficult for styles to be converted.

Would I give up Guitar Mode for the sake of EMC being able to read my PA800 styles , definately not, but I possibly may not have bothered upgrading if I'd realized it couldn't. Styleworks 2000 converts TO PA1x format , and that's all XT converts to, also.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:

Regarding converting the latest PA800 styles then this also applies to Wersi which also cannot convert them; however we are promised that it will be implemented in the not too distant future. (The Wersi style converter, like the Korg style converter is based on EMC Styleworks, and so the conversions should also become generally available)
The future looks bright

Bill

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#237457 - 07/06/08 03:52 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
If I understood well, they filed the patent in 2004, the patent was granted in 2008. This "automatic derivative accompaniment" thing is going on for some time now.

They also filed what seems to be the same patent way back in 2001, and they re-filed it in 2004.

Click on the "inventors" names, one of tham has patents dating from 1984

#237458 - 07/06/08 06:27 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Jorgen,
that's interesting.
The fact that there is so much software around written by 3rd party programmers,
one automatically assumes Yamaha must have released some info that helped you guys.

Interesting to find out it's the opposite, & you had to do it thru trial & error.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
Hi

A major problem for style creators and for style software programmers (like myself) will be how we can utilize these features.

Until now Yamaha have never revealed the internal formats and functions of the operating systems. This has done it very hard to write software, as all formats and functions have had to be revealed be reverse-engineering. Which means a lot of try and error. And no guarantee for finding all features; and for the correctness of your findings.

Maybe this is an attempt to make it imposible for anybody else - than Yamaha - to create styles. Who knows? And what about backwards compatibility?

Jørgen

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#237459 - 07/08/08 07:08 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
It seems to me that audio tracks, that are manipulated by midi is a way to over come how styles are created , you can have humans creating the parts , which in turn increase how authentic the instrumentation sounds within the style...

Midi is a robot (strictly numbers)...programmers that create styles via midi, need help manufacturer to have their midi generated styles used ....

Correct ?

#237460 - 07/09/08 12:14 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
Tryggve Offline

Loc: Sweden
The ultimative keyboard...A 76.keyboard not more than 3cm uotside the keys...see the Audia The weight...it does`nt bother me.. it is more of a problem when they are to big. And on the ult. keyb.there will be a smaller klav. 49 keys for a second sound
comb. The sounds..mostley Tyros-sound 3+3 on the right and 2 sounds on the left. Masterkeyboard-funktions like the Motif.
Arranger..PA2X Pro. Display like the Tyros
No motor on it..Silly.Why not the arpeggiator from the Motif XS to combinate
with the stylearranger. Click-button like the Tyros.This arrangerkeyboard together
with a..say Clavia organ-rack or Hammond rack would be the ultimate keyb. for me.
But I dont think Yamaha will make this
keyb. But I can dream.

Sorry for the spelling, from Sweden

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online