SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#237433 - 07/04/08 08:08 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
This is the one feature I've wanted for years in an arranger, but never really expected to see. Something to make the styles seem less static.

I would hope it to work something like a Karma effect more so than like Band in A Box. What I mean by that is allowing real time ( live ) control, via sliders or knobs. I can control BIAB to a point by changing weights of a style part, but not while using it in real time.

For the first time in a long time something in the arranger realm that actually has piqued my interest.. A while back, I was considering a PA800, but I think after trying it out a bit, it isn't giving me that much sound wise that distinguishes it from my PA80. The 800 is an improvement, no doubt.. just not enough of an improvement for me. Think I'll wait this out a bit.. maybe let some others betatest the Tyros 3 while we're at it.

If this ever does get "off the ground", I hope Yamaha adds a better drum sample palette to the mix, or if not, at least a better sampling system. The T2's sampling function is an exercise in frustration at best, and pretty much worthless for making new drum sets.

At least that's been my experience with it, and after reading everything I can possibly find on the net, it seems like that's pretty much been the experience of others who have tried working with it, at least for new drum kits anyway.

Thanks Jorgen for the info...

Cheers,

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 07-04-2008).]

#237434 - 07/04/08 09:32 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Actually, this is what I've been talking about forever...

Forget audio loops. You are a) at the mercy of whoever makes the loops in the first place - and whether they can decently record ALL the chord and inversion/root combinations you might ever need, and b) at the mercy of the hardware and whether it's latency is matched to the latency of the hardware sounds in the arranger. And forget about editing them, changing the sounds, changing the rhythm, changing the swing, etc.. What you get is ALL you get.

Anything that takes the MIDI end of things, with it's inherent ability to edit, change sounds, change anything you feel like, and apply more natural performance behavior, including, as seems to be mentioned here, the ability to add a hopefully MUSICAL degree of randomness or change to the pattern can only drive along the progress of the arranger as a viable accompaniment tool.

More natural guitar emulation is already a thing we all take for granted, nowadays (or hope makes it to OUR arranger!), more natural performance emulation of other instrument's particular 'flavor' and more musical chord changes, less jumpy jumpy, more smooth voice leading, and now this, the possible hint of a self generated quasi-random variation to the parts, and we start to see the possibility of auto accompaniment sounding less repetitive and plain 'auto' than it currently does.

To a certain degree, this already exists in software... BIAB, even when given exactly the same chords, will generate a MIDI file with subtle variations in it every time you ask. Something that does this in realtime does not sound like something that is too difficult to achieve...

But then again, what possible use could this be to a poor beach musician? Jimmy Buffett's music is ALL done with tiny, short, repetitive four bar loops that never vary

#237435 - 07/04/08 10:24 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Diki wrote: forget the audio loops..

Ahhh... now I have all understand how the arranger must be working..for that Roland and yamaha arranger not use the audio loops..

I think you can be the best R&D for arrangers..
maybe you can talk direct and convince the ketron guys that they are in a totally wrong way with the Audya or maybe with the korg and others that they use the audio loops too...

yes, you are totally right...better eating the same secure good warmed soup than explorer new field...

better that the developer of Melodyne NEVER read this topic...

#237436 - 07/04/08 11:10 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I can't believe I keep hearing the same old warmed over bull from the guy that cannot get a decent demo out of his own company's arranger...

You would think, by this time, that SOMEONE, somewhere, would actually offer a little 'proof of concept' here. But noooo...

You see, Dom, that, while most at SZ seem to be petrified of posting any music, for whatever reason, NOT ONE of us is willing to BUY an arranger that we have never heard, or never heard sound good... We might be willing to listen to each other spout away without the slightest idea of whether they can actually play or not, but when it comes to parting with our well-earned cash, a little more 'show-me' is usually necessary...

But, perhaps this IS the hiphop age... you don't actually need ANY talent or skill, as long as you boast loud enough...

You know, I can sit here and brag that I am the best player this forum's members have ever heard (for example, it ain't true!), but I'm pretty sure that the minute I post any music that sucks, no-one will ever take me seriously again. This is what you are doing with this constant barrage of hype. When you fail to back it up with anything audio that even slightly reflects the hyperbole, how can we take it (or you) seriously?

The day you post something at your website that even begins to rival a T2, G70 or PA2X Pro, maybe we'll start to take you seriously... But c'mon! Virtually everything posted would be an embarrassment to any other manufacturer out there. Talk all you like (it's pretty amusing, really, in a sad, sad way), the only thing anybody is REALLY listening to are your web demos...

Hey, that's a thought...! Why not give us all a rest until you post something that you aren't apologizing for, all the time ('don't blame me, the loops weren't done by us', 'don't blame me, these are all conversion styles', 'don't blame me, it will work when the next OS comes out', blah, blah, blah )..?

How about it...?

#237437 - 07/04/08 11:10 AM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Audio loops, random Midi sequences, real time variations, who cares how it’s done so long as it moves arrangers forward.

Bill

#237438 - 07/04/08 01:48 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Diki..I pity you because I see there only a frustated poor man....and every time you reply and post you will be more ridicolous.
This are not my only words..just look aroud on the all other topic...we just support you because we know how you are....ridicolous....

Before you continue blame me and the others TRUE musician..make yourself one examination of your conscience. Show you first what you can really play...I have also listen your demos...better not talk about this...

you told that you are working in the studio with important musician..who they are??

I had also working on recording studio BUT I have the probe and not only words like you..www.mediarec.it are my partners and IF you looking well in internet, you can also find my OLD lionstracs Vinily disk that still are in resell.

mediastation is a new generation of keyboards and we have wrote the all software available till today in less than 4 years and NOT like the others that are recycle the same code from 30 years!

Qranger is born and integrated on MS just 1 month ago and not 30 years ago BUT this do NOT mean that the MS is not able to play the styles...ok...we can also importing styles from others brands like the all brands made the same and we have ready now 360 midi styles too.

for sure the MS will have the OS bugs, but just look around how many other keyboards are Full of bugs too ( just look the Fusion6HD topic) and we, like the all others brands we are here to fix.

I don't have to shown you really nothing IF the MS will sounds better than the all others keyboards because we already know ( 9 SZ member have the MS too but they dont want that I tell the names)that the VST and GIGA streaming support is better than the ROM soundbank.
Do NOT need a good an famous musician to probe with some amazing songs/patterns that the MS sounds much better than the others..just have to press the keys for playing GIGA and VST/ASIO sounds in realtime!

The another probe is that 2 well know brands asked us the license for use and integrating in others products the Linuxsampler..
Maybe they don't care at all about the styles that I offer right now BUT for sure they have listen the possibility and the quality that the Linuxsampler can offer.

technology continue grown but I see that you prefer to use the old stable technology like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQwj0EqOQJw

Now you can continue reply, blame me and reply..anyway you will be only ridicolous..

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 07-07-2008).]

#237439 - 07/04/08 04:11 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I think he means riDIKIulous !!!

#237440 - 07/04/08 07:24 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
zuki Offline

good one!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#237441 - 07/04/08 08:00 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
Dnj Offline

If every Inventor listened to all the
NAY SAYERS we wouldn't have anything today....
persevere your dreams regardless, & follow your dreams no matter what!!!

#237442 - 07/04/08 11:26 PM Re: The ultimative arranger keyboard
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Could we discuss the SUBJECT of this thread?

Dom, you do not need to write about your "fantastic" arranger in so many threads at this forum. We have heard it SO many times now.

Diki, you do not need to bash Dom every time he writes about his "fantastic" arranger. We have heard it SO many times now.

I started this thread to discuss the subject. And I think it is bad behaviour to hijack a thread.

At least I am SO tired of your (apperantly) endless discussions! (Everybody talks, nobody walks).

Just my opinion!

Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online