SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#237100 - 06/29/08 08:04 AM Need suggestions - MINI keyboard / arranger ?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I need something small maybe 49 keys at the most. Preferably with some decent sounds built in such as piano, elec piano, strings. If I can play rythms like an arranger that would be a great plus.

I saw several midi controllers such as CME U Key, E-Mu, etc.

It will be great if it be connected to a standard XP laptop. But I do not want to buy soundcards or MIDI. Can the laptop be used as sound source and rythms ? Use the buttons on the keyboard to control the variations and selecting sounds ?

#237101 - 06/29/08 02:09 PM Re: Need suggestions - MINI keyboard / arranger ?
Dnj Offline

#237102 - 06/29/08 11:49 PM Re: Need suggestions - MINI keyboard / arranger ?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Thanks Donny, you are always there !

Went to GC and bought 2 items and will decide which one to keep:

1) It turns out there are DECENT sounding 61 keynd that is lightweight (12 lbs and under) nowadays. I am not a beginner and have owned the TOTL arrangers before. Currently owned PSR 3000 but Yamaha PSR-E313 is only like 10 lbs and the sound is decent. The rythms are fine as well. After amplification, it is very decent and usable. Too bad it does not have registrations. I might try other models in the same price range ($200 and under) like the CTK900 by Casio but I know the rythms are probably not very good compared to Yammy.

2) This option uses a midi controller and I bought the M-Audio Oxygen 49 keybd and will try to use the laptop as a sound source and rythms such as OMB software. I think this sound way too complicated. We'll see

Any ideas on this subject is most welcome

#237103 - 06/30/08 05:16 AM Re: Need suggestions - MINI keyboard / arranger ?
Dnj Offline

#237104 - 06/30/08 04:51 PM Re: Need suggestions - MINI keyboard / arranger ?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
you could also check out the software & arranger forum on Synthzone.
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Software+Arrangers+|AMP|+Softsynths&number=43

I used to have my DGX305, midied to OMB/Laptop.Used it as soundsource & controller. As a soundsource it suited the PSR drum sets. Getting the psr drums to play back correctly on a non psr soundsource, is sometimes a real hassle.

Wheras the DGX only had 2 style variations, with OMB I could play a 4 variation psr style. Downside was the 32 note polyphony. Had to sometimes delete tracks so I wouldn't run out of notes on heavily orchestrated styles.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lukitoh:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online