SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#236769 - 09/02/08 02:59 PM Re: Roland GW-8 thoughts...
SendShawn Offline

Thanks for the information
It would be so great if we can load the sounds into the world section as well as the styles. Meanwhile for those who have been talking about GW8 VS GW7 I should say that GW8 has 250 Mb of voice memory but GW7 has only 32. So the sound must be much better than before.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by ocomain:
I downloaded the GW-8 manual from the mainland Chinese site and learned a couple of interesting things. The GW-8 has 130 preset Styles + 40 World preset Styles. Apparently, these World Styles will vary based on what GW-8 model you have (Latin, Eastern Europe or Asian). Of course, with the available User Style slots, you should be able to use Styles from any of the different keyboard versions. The Chinese manual (for the Asian model of the GW-8) contains a complete listing of all the Patch (Tone) presets, 1625 in total. 1194 thru 1417 are Asian instruments...1578 thru 1625 are various permutations of Asian percussion & drum sets. Curiously, 1418 thru 1577 are unlisted...I am wondering if these are slots for loading Tones via USB (as mentioned in the English language manual...page 50 states that If you add Tones (via USB), the imported Tones will be added to [WORLD] and [SPECIAL]).

Update: On a major European music retailer's site, the GW-8E (the Eastern European model) is stated to have an additional 65 Styles and 125 Tone Presets / 15 Drum Kits that will prove useful for playing music in countries like Hungary, Greece, Turkey, Poland, CZ, Croatia, etc...

Michael

#236770 - 09/09/08 01:40 PM Re: Roland GW-8 thoughts...
somnambulist Offline

Loc: Lincoln, NE USA
I just inquired at Sweetwater and they said they will start shipping GW-8s the first week of November. I'm going to try and find one at a local shop but I'm not very optimistic so I may end up going the internet route. Very excited!

#236771 - 09/11/08 02:08 PM Re: Roland GW-8 thoughts...
casiobot Offline

Just an observation but Sweetwater says they have shipping delays on the GW 8. Is this standard,or is the GW 8 potentially something special,thus causing delays?

#236772 - 09/11/08 03:47 PM Re: Roland GW-8 thoughts...
ocomain Offline

The original shipping date for the GW-8 was supposed to be in September, then was pushed back to the end of October. Sweetwater is usually pretty conservative with its "in stock" time frames (thankfully so).

Michael

[This message has been edited by ocomain (edited 09-11-2008).]

#236773 - 09/11/08 03:49 PM Re: Roland GW-8 thoughts...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Word of advice.... DON'T EVER RELY ON THE SHIPPING DATE YOU FIND ON THESE ONLINE RETAILERS..... Many of them use a VERY dirty trick to get PRE-ORDERS.. They set so called "estimated release dates" to rake in as many pre-orders as they can, but funny thing is you'll always notice the date gets pushed back, then pushed back again. When the Roland Juno-G was first released.., it took MONTHS for it to actually hit the US online retailers (based on their constant changing of estimated shipping dates). What they do is try to sell the ENTIRE first shippment they get..., which is why you always see the bold print (often in red letters) HURRY GET YOUR ORDER IN TODAY TO GET YOURS..., Then if you're the person who's order is just ONE over the retailers initial order..., guess what.., you're now on BACK-ORDER.., which then could take several weaks.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-11-2008).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online