Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#236689 - 09/07/08 04:38 AM Re: Korg PA800 Guitar Mode Rhumba Style
glynn parkinson Offline

Loc: preston,lancashire,england
Quote:
Originally posted by donpatt:
Hi Riki,

Didn't want your efforts to go un-noticed or un-appreciated. The rhumba style is nice; works great on my PA2X.

Don't know if it would be possible for you to talk us through the process or at least give us enough info to get started. I don't know where to begin! But would like to learn. For the most part bass, drums, and guitar are about all the backing I want.

ALSO, I watched the demo on "guitar mode" but my German is non existant. However, I thought I understood that there are some styles created using "guitar mode" that already exist on the PA series. If this is true do you know how to access them??

Thanks,
Don P

#236690 - 09/07/08 09:26 AM Re: Korg PA800 Guitar Mode Rhumba Style
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Rikki,
Very nicely done!

You encourage me to learn more...for that I thank you...
Lee

#236691 - 09/07/08 04:24 PM Re: Korg PA800 Guitar Mode Rhumba Style
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lee,
thank you.
If I can be of any help, let me know.

The beauty of the guitar mode system of recording is, you don't have to be a pro musician to record a guitar track.

No doubt a pro recording in realtime would get a far better result than me ( haahaa), mine was actually recorded via the event list editor.
To get the actual rhumba guitar rhythm , I studied a guitar track in my Powertracks sequencer ( in notation mode) to get the correct timing for a rhumba.
The reason I prefer to view the notation in PT or the new Real Band sequencer ( instead of my XG Works )is, the display is nice & clean( looks like it's been quantized, but hasn't) no overlapping notes messy notes.

Any strum type effect noises are created automatically.

So easy once you get the hang of it.

The guitar mode basically takes care of any
guitar tracks I may want to create ( the styles I mainly use don't really use electric guitars)

Currently I'm exploring options for piano tracks. I'm rather partial to cocktail piano ( I think it's called)??
Bass, drums, piano , maybe add strings & guitar.

I'm hoping this will fill the gap for some of the old standards I like.

I'm hoping BIAB piano tracks from some of it's Jazz styles will fit the bill.

I'm finding converting & editing a complete style from another brand of keyboard too time consumimg, the drums are usually a nightmare for me. So I'm working on ways of altering Korg styles, by mixing & matching Korg tracks with non korg tracks.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Rikki,
Very nicely done!

You encourage me to learn more...for that I thank you...
Lee

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#236692 - 09/07/08 08:38 PM Re: Korg PA800 Guitar Mode Rhumba Style
leeboy Offline

Rikki,
YES, I also love the cocktail piano stuff you speak of...Let us know when you get one working...then maybe I'll take a crack at one too..may ask for some help getting started. I also like piano arpeggios styles...not many in the PA so may need to build a few.

It will be interesting to see what OS2 brings. Also I am very interested in doing some new sounds with new samples. And I will be MIDi connecting a sound odule soon...just don't know which one yet...

Thanks, keep up the good work...Wupppp's I mean FUN!

Lee

#236693 - 09/07/08 09:32 PM Re: Korg PA800 Guitar Mode Rhumba Style
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Lee, have you tried these
http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/extra/bonusware.html?en

scroll down to the end of the styles and you will see PA2x-PA800 Piano styles.

Dennis

#236694 - 09/08/08 06:28 PM Re: Korg PA800 Guitar Mode Rhumba Style
leeboy Offline

Dennis,
I have then downloaded but have not played them yet...I will have some time soon to try them...
Thanks very much...I hope they are great!
Lee

#236695 - 09/09/08 03:13 AM Re: Korg PA800 Guitar Mode Rhumba Style
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lee,
currently for possible cocktail piano styles , I'm going for the option of using a BIAB piano track to replace the piano track in a Korg style.

I'm putting together some korg piano pads (biab tracks), which can be used for auditioning purposes ie mute the piano track in the korg style & trigger the piano pad instead . This way I can test what tracks could work with for a particular song. The biab piano tracks are different to korg tracks, sometimes they're a bit too busy, so it's a bit of trial & error.

When I find a pad to suit the song, it can be imported into the style to replace the existing piano track.

I've only been trying various options to date, haven't totally finished any pads as yet.
When I do, I'm happy to share. Hopefully in the next day or so.

I'll find it easier if I'm able to use the drums & bass of an onboard style and then just add the additional track or so.
I've got some midifile jazz trio intro's I'm hoping to be able to use for the styles also.

Happy to help out if I can.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by leeboy:
[B]Rikki,
YES, I also love the cocktail piano stuff you speak of...Let us know when you get one working...then maybe I'll take a crack at one too..may ask for some help getting started. I also like piano arpeggios styles...not many in the PA so may need to build a few.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online