SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#236612 - 06/21/08 02:34 PM A Drum Kit demonstration from my Fantom G...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Good day everyone! And I mean "every" one.

Now that I got that out of the way.. uhmm.. I recorded a demo of one of the drum kits on my Fantom G7. The drum kit in question is the MeShell1 Kit and it is from the preset Rhythm section. I posted two links. The first one is the .mp3 and the second is a .wav file for those with a high speed connection and with a discerning preference and taste for higher quality 'uncompressed' audio. >> Same exact file recording with first one converted to an .mp3 and the second one the original .wav file. Enjoy! I'm really liking my new Fantom G7 more and more as time goes by! Have a great weekend everybody! And again, that includes Fran and Diki as well. LOL

Fantom G MeShell Drum Kit .mp3

Fantom G MeShell Drum Kit .wav

#236613 - 06/21/08 03:19 PM Re: A Drum Kit demonstration from my Fantom G...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Do you have the MIDI file of this performance?

It would be interesting to see how well it works on the TD-derived kits in my G70, as a comparison... In all fairness, I hear a LOT of similarities, the ghost note samples, the vel-switched snares, etc..

#236614 - 06/21/08 04:06 PM Re: A Drum Kit demonstration from my Fantom G...
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
It sounds like typical over compressed drum samples that use very little ROM. The sound quality is OK and the dynamic range is good but I can't stand the over compression on the drums. At least they are using velocity switched multi-samples which is a plus. They're still quite a bit better than most keyboard and arranger drum samples. My old AKAI and Fairlight drum samples are leaps and bounds above those samples though. It's a shame when a product made today can't compete with the audio quality of one made 20-25 years ago.

One of the primary reasons I love the Wersi is because I can load and play all my AKAI samples and sample new sounds from my Fairlight into the Wersi. I get the best of both yesterday and today.

#236615 - 06/22/08 03:58 AM Re: A Drum Kit demonstration from my Fantom G...
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online