SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#236430 - 06/19/08 04:16 PM Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Nice guy, great service, great deal on a s700, delivery in two days. http://www.AudioworksCT.com answered all my email questions, no dickering around gave me a great price right off, no games. I like that most of all.
I bought the 700 because I already have a digitech live 4 harmony and a TC Helicon voice tone create pedal, and preordered the tc helicon harmony m.

So I don't need the vocal channel on the 900. I don't care about the SA voices(or whatever they're called) because I'm not a keyboard player and will use the board mostly for backing tracks both midi and styles.
But still have the organ drawbars and the mega and sweet live and cool voices.

Also for less than $100 on ebay I bought a tascam 8 track digital recorder with a 40 gig hard drive. Only records two at a time but it has 8 actual channel strips with inserts and 8 faders and 16 tone controls. You don't have to bounce until you've filled all 8 tracks, then usb wav to the computer if you want.

I've never had so much fun as playing with the recorder, I've done it (multi tracked)on the computer but it is so much easier with real controls.

Anyhow I know its no sophisticated setup but I think I'll have fun and I'm out of the bigger, better, newest, latest rat race.

This was a better deal than some of the used psr 3000's I've seen on ebay. I hope I can say that without getting anyone in trouble.
I haven't had an arranger for quite awhile and I haven't done anything more than turn this on so I gotta go explore.

So again thanks Frank http://www.AudioworksCT.com

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 06-20-2008).]

#236431 - 06/19/08 04:51 PM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Mike,

Ditto to your comments on Frank. I have the luxury of living an hour and 45 minutes drive where I live. I've been to his store a few times, the guy makes you feel right at home.

#236432 - 06/19/08 10:00 PM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
Dnj Offline

Got my Pa800 from Frank an honest gentleman
ACES all the way!!!

#236433 - 06/20/08 05:24 AM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thank you gentlemen, your checks are in the mail

#236434 - 06/20/08 11:53 AM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
Stephenm52 Offline

Frank, please hold off on sending that check. Now here's my address to ship a Tyros 3 too

#236435 - 06/20/08 03:32 PM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
. Now here's my address to ship a Tyros 3 too

Oh Boy Steve I see a strong hidden Yearning for a Tyros again Hmmmmmmm Talk to us whats a matter?

#236436 - 06/20/08 06:21 PM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Oh Boy Steve I see a strong hidden Yearning for a Tyros again Hmmmmmmm Talk to us whats a matter?

Dr. Donny doing psychoanalysis I should have added I was kidding, but.....I do miss the abundance of 3rd party styles available for Yamaha. Everything else about the PA2xPro I love.

A few days ago I asked one of our forum members off the forum what board he liked best out of his Korg, Ketron or Yamaha. He said I'm extremely happy and disappointed with all of them, seems that's the case for many of us.

#236437 - 06/20/08 06:36 PM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
Dnj Offline

Your first paragraph was the straw that broke the camels back for me........
You dont know how I'm trying to calm my curiosity & itchiness to try something I haven't had yet or to see whats lurking just around the corner..........

#236438 - 06/20/08 07:02 PM Re: Talked to Frank at audioworks on the phone..........
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Your first paragraph was the straw that broke the camels back for me........
You dont know how I'm trying to calm my curiosity & itchiness to try something I haven't had yet or to see whats lurking just around the corner..........

I get restless myself this past year was proof of that T2, G70, Pa800 and now PA2xPro. I'm looking forward to what should be released later this year too! That's not to say I'm not happy with the Korg. I like new stuff whether it be cell phones, mp3 players or keyboards I'm a gear junkie too. You only go around once may as well go for the gusto

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online